Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Oil Pressure Relief Valve Location?

My is200 has blown 2 oil filter seals in the last 3 months therefore leaking oil all over my drive! I spoke to a mechanic and he says it could be that the oil pressure relief valve is stuck or needs replacing. He wanted £30 just to open the bonnet! Can someone please tell me where the oil relief valve is so i can check it myself? Much appreciated thanks. Dan

UPDATE...

I found the oil pressure relief valve location! I had to remove all 3 belts from the front of the engine and then remove the cambelt cover. The cambelt was removed and the oil pump is located bottom right of the engine. I had to loosen off the air con pump to remove the oil pump. Once the oil pump removed i unbolted the pressure relief valve... It was stuck because there was a build up of thick sticky oil just like tar! Gave it a good clean and it springs open and closed nicely now.

Took me almost 8 hours to do so its a huge job! I hope this can help someone else :)

makes me wonder what type of oil was in your engine... I would do an engine flush if i was you because if this build-up was there, it could well be in other places in the engine...

Get some engine flush from wynn's (halfords), let the car run stationairy until it reaches it 's working temperature, put in the engine flushand let the engine run for at least 10 minutes. then replace your oil & oil filter.

If you've done this you'll notice the car will run better and seem more power full in the mid torque bit, as the engine gets lubricated better and cools better too (oil also has a cleaning function but as the engine is cleaned internally all the oil canals within the engine will be working at the max)

PS don't drive long with the first refill of oil keep in mind that there might be some of the flush left meaning you'll have to change your oil fast again to get rid of the last debris of the flush ( I do this to all my cars when I buy them and it always made a big difference)

makes me wonder what type of oil was in your engine... I would do an engine flush if i was you because if this build-up was there, it could well be in other places in the engine...

Get some engine flush from wynn's (halfords), let the car run stationairy until it reaches it 's working temperature, put in the engine flushand let the engine run for at least 10 minutes. then replace your oil & oil filter.

If you've done this you'll notice the car will run better and seem more power full in the mid torque bit, as the engine gets lubricated better and cools better too (oil also has a cleaning function but as the engine is cleaned internally all the oil canals within the engine will be working at the max)

PS don't drive long with the first refill of oil keep in mind that there might be some of the flush left meaning you'll have to change your oil fast again to get rid of the last debris of the flush ( I do this to all my cars when I buy them and it always made a big difference)

Hi North - Is there any benefit or not in running the flush through twice - i have done this a few times in the past before oil changes and had no effect but just wondered if any damage is being done? Also have you ever used any of this Slick50 type of additive (i havent but people around me keep saying to give it a go because it is good stuff. Think they are after a guineapig to be honest)

Cheers

Hi there, yes if you flush twice you make sure there the most of the build ups are gone. Although I wouldn't do it twice at once ... the reason is that it can also leave some build up behind. And I have tried slick50 and have to be honest it does do exactly what they promise... I had a VW golf VR6 that was quite heavily tuned engine wise ( bored out, oversized JE piston, pushrods, shrick camms, chipped, open twin exhaust, 3-2-1 exhaust header etc etc etc) brought it to 3100 cc NA and used it before and after a rolling road session... the car had 218 BHP at the wheels without slick50... with it had 221.1 bhp so it does do what it says but most people will not notice it...

although one notice is always there with slick50... it runs ever so smooth stationary! mine dropped about 100 rpm stationary! that is a huge difference and makes for less petrol use when doing short trips ;)

So yeah it is good stuff mind you I haven't used it on the lexus yet as I was quite happy with how the car runs now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links