Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Just having a quick browse on the tinterweb and stumbled upon a website called Amayama Trading Co. Now I've never heard of this company and am a little intrigued! I'm after a N/S/F Headlight level sensor for my 06 GS450h (after Lexus wrongly diagnosed it and I found the fault myself... Long story). Anyway, this company appears to be based in Japan and ships the parts directly from manufacturer!

I entered the part number for the sensor and it came up with a price from Japan @ £268.69 + shipping (same price I was quoted from Lexus UK). But then there's another price for the same part but from the UAE @ £95.27 + shipping, but a longer shipping delay!

Now im a little sceptical as to how the price difference can be so dramatic?!? Is this due to tax of the different countries, or something else all together?

It clearly states on their website that all parts are OEM equipment from manufacturer so I'm a little stumped!

Does anyone have any dealings with Amayama Trading Co. and are they a genuine company? They take paypal so theoretically I should be protected? Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated!!

Cheers

Ben

P.S heres the link to their website HERE and a code to the offending sensor I require from their website HERE

just had a look at thier website and not too sure to be honest. for starters there is no contact phone number to speak to someone if you have a query only e-mail. There is no company registration number or a form of VAT registered number on the site either so you will have a tough time getting a refund should something go wrong with your order. you can take the chance on them but i personally will try these guys

http://www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk/latest/buy-toyota-lexus-parts-and-save

if they are unable to help then try eBay or as an end result bite the bullet and go with Lexus dealer.

• 2 years later...

I see this is a two year old post, but can't find anything newer on the subject. Tried the link given, but it claims they are re-organising - so don't know how long their reorganising is going to take! In the mean time I have bitten the bullet and placed an order with them, paying by Paypal. Now sitting with fingers crossed - will keep informed of results.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a tilt motor from this company and the the part arrived within two weeks and is the correct part and cost under half price quoted by local dealer!! So I'm well chuffed.

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a tilt motor from this company and the the part arrived within two weeks and is the correct part and cost under half price quoted by local dealer!! So I'm well chuffed.

Richard.

exactly as above - 14 days to arrive and paid £125 for parts including duty instead of £250