Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leak In Boot

hi this is my first post got a leak in the boot of my is200 sport on a 04 plate its pooling in the well on driverside by sat nav dvd just wondered if there is any common faults with this model before i start ripping out all the carpets thanks

If its pooling in the wing well, there a rubber plug in the bottom remove that to drain the water.

More that likely comming from the sunroof drain hose that run into there, maybe the hose has come lose?

Hi,

It might not be the drain tube, it could be that water has got in through the rectangular vent in the same area.

There is only a small rubber flap that protects that area of the floor. i think water would get past it if you pointed a jet washer at the wrong angle maybe you went through a large puddle.

I had water collect on both sides. I dried the area out with paper towels and have had no problems since although i did rustproof the area just in case. this was because i think the water had been there a while and started to stain the paintwork.

Hopefully the link below will work.

Prev

It will show you the location of the Drain tube (green hose) and the rectangular air vent.

Thanks

Sean

same happen to my is200 sport.

what i do was peel the boot rubber seal n turn 360 degree and refit and rubber seal (just slot in the gap) and all sorted for now as the previous top part wasn't good anymore and water will get it in especially heavy rain this few days unless u wanna replace it a good one from eBay breakers.

it's a good idea to have a check what Captain Lexus post. :hocus-pokus:

I had water collecting in the area behind the rear wheel arch in the boot, turned out to be the vent thats behind the bumper, i resealed the the plastic vent , job done.

iv got the same problem, got mold growing in there an allsorts now. iv just left the rubber bungs out for the water the run out and the air to get in to keep it dry for now.

I had the exact same problem on my Altezza. I found water pooling in the wheel well and the wing well. I sourced the problem to behind the rear passenger light. The smallest bit of the seal had worn away either side of the weld so I just put some clear silicone on both sides and it has been perfect ever since. :)

Common problem this.

I had the same on both my IS200SE and IS200 Sport. Took both to Lexus dealer, SE cost £68 all in and had been perfectly dry since (2 years) and the Sport cost a bit more £104 all in and has also been perfectly dry since (3 months)

The Sport cost more as the leak was in a different place to the SE. I didn't question it to be honest as I'd tried fixing both of them myself but the leaks just kept coming back. I was so frustrated with both of them by the end! So for peace of mind and the problem never returning I just paid the dealer price!

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links