Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So I’m thinking of buying a RX 450h F-Sport (2013 model year). Done some quotes of £51,995 + £610 metallic paint + £2,555 Adaptive Cruise Control. Was pleasantly surprised by how much kit is standard compared with previous BMW 5 Series where everything was an option!

But… “There’s no mention of towbar in the options list”

“Ah sir, that’s an accessory. This means rather than the factory in Japan fitting it, the removable towbar is fitted aftermarket here in the dealership by us. Cost is £1,300 – most of which is labour”.

Erm, are they having a joke? I thought BMW’s £800 for the electrically deployed towbar was expensive, but £1,300 for the Lexus removable towbar is extortionate!

Are my Lexus dealer right in saying £1,300 is the price?

Will I have any luck in bouncing Lexus dealers quotes off each other to get the cost down?

And is there any reason I can’t just take it to Towbars R Us?

Thanks!

So I’m thinking of buying a RX 450h F-Sport (2013 model year). Done some quotes of £51,995 + £610 metallic paint + £2,555 Adaptive Cruise Control. Was pleasantly surprised by how much kit is standard compared with previous BMW 5 Series where everything was an option!

But… “There’s no mention of towbar in the options list”

“Ah sir, that’s an accessory. This means rather than the factory in Japan fitting it, the removable towbar is fitted aftermarket here in the dealership by us. Cost is £1,300 – most of which is labour”.

Erm, are they having a joke? I thought BMW’s £800 for the electrically deployed towbar was expensive, but £1,300 for the Lexus removable towbar is extortionate!

Are my Lexus dealer right in saying £1,300 is the price?

Will I have any luck in bouncing Lexus dealers quotes off each other to get the cost down?

And is there any reason I can’t just take it to Towbars R Us?

Thanks!

Hi

just had mine fitted for £1,160, their opening quote was £1,250.