Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picking Up New Gs Tomorrow...yipeeeeee

Well the day has finally arrived. woohoo.gif

I eagerly watched the grand reveal of the new GS at pebble beach in August 2011, and placed my order in February 2012, now the car is finally ready for collection ,tomorrow. smile.gif

GS 450h f sport / Nebula Grey / Cabernet / Sunroof / ML

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats. The car looks amazing!!

On a separate note I was curious as to why the headlights on your car feature a single projector whereas the GS450h pictures on the official website have headlights with three projector lenses integrated.

Example below:

6052577876_52d6bbb940_b.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. The LED lamps on the LS600 were awful. I doubt these will be any good either. You will probably find your bi-xenons will have better light output than the LED headlights.

Super car.

I'd love to hear about your driving experience in it to date.

Love the wheels and the front design really looks the business.

I haven’t driven many miles yet (only 140 ) and only 10 of these miles were on the motorway, but so far I am very impressed.

The seats are 18 way adjustable so its not to hard to get comfortable, the side bolsters are adjustable and although I don’t tend to go round corners that fast I find they keep you held in the seat a lot better, in the Mk3 even going round a corner at a sensible speed it was like sitting on a space hopper and you found yourself trying to sit upright.

I an just over 6 feet tall and even with the sunroof there is plenty of headroom, there is also good head and leg room for the rear passengers, although if you have 3 in the back the middle person, especially if it’s a adult might find it a bit uncomfortable due to the wide drive train tunnel.

I was a bit concerned that with 19” wheels and low profile tyres the ride may be a bit hard but I would say it is just at smooth as the MK3 until you put it in sports or sports+ mode then it is a lot firmer, although I think a lot of this is due to the much stiffer body, with much less body roll than the MK3 even in normal & eco mode.

The steering is a lot lighter and more precise than the MK3 and with the rear wheel steering in sports+ even more so.

The interior looks stunning and everything feels solid, the multi media screen and mouse drive takes a bit of getting use too, but once it is adjusted to your own preference works well.

The Mark Levinson sound system is amazing, although I was a little disappointed to find it was only a single play disc not like the MK3 a 6 disc holder, that was until my 16 year old daughter explained to me about using a USB, beyond me but she has put all my CD’s on a USB stick and it plays superbly.

As a hybrid it is supposed to do a combined figure of 45 mpg, so far I have only managed to get it to 35mpg but I only do 5/6 mile trips and I hope this will improve as time goes on.

If any one has any other questions I will do my best to answer them

Chris

Yep, The USB is the way to go.

Depending on the amount of storage, you can get as much on it as you will ever need.

I only hope that the manufacturers will pick up on this point as the CD player is becoming redundant.

I put one CD in my 6 CD changer when I first got the car - its still there and I never play it, everything is on my USB stick.

What we need now is a better way to navigate around that mass of data. Currently I only have the option to select next/previous folder or next/previous track. (Any different on yours?)

What we need is a search/selection facility.

I was also told that you can store music on the hard drive (if you have that version of the Navigation).

Not yet tried that - still learning how to use the navigation software!

I put one CD in my 6 CD changer when I first got the car - its still there and I never play it, everything is on my USB stick.

What we need now is a better way to navigate around that mass of data. Currently I only have the option to select next/previous folder or next/previous track. (Any different on yours?)

What we need is a search/selection facility.

To be honest with you I don’t really listen to any particular music, my daughter put half a dozen CD’s on the USB for me and what ever is playing I listen to.

You can apparently according to the manual select artists or song titles using the voice control but at the moment I am just happy to get the car moving. Lol.

Firstly grats on the car, looks amazing!

Guess it must be fairly similar to the latest nav system in the IS.

I actually gave up using the USB as it was so difficult and slow to navigate around all the songs, just ripped the CD's to the internal HDD and works amazingly well and very easy to jump around different Genres etc. Also use an iPod with one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0057O47NA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 gives much better sound quality and charges the iPod at the same time - again much easier to navigate around than USB (Although still say HDD is the easiest, just requires the time consuming ripping part)

Just wish they would let you copy a USB key of files over to the HDD - would be much much better than ripping the CD's!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links