Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 De-cat pipe

Forgive me guys if this is a stupid question, but can a de-cat pipe be fitted to the IS200? If so what sort of gain could I expect and where could I get one from in the UK?

I am asking coz when I get my IS, I am fitting a performance backbox (probably mats HKS if he still wants to sell it:smilegrin:) and being as I am going to be paying on my insurance under the title of "performance exhaust" I may as well do everything I can to the exhaust system as it wont cost me any more than if I just replaced the backbox.

Cheers guys:smilegrin::smilegrin::smilegrin:

there is 3 cats on the is200,there is no anti cat pipe available,however you could have one made.........

a company who i will not name in publc has offered to remove the contents of the cats and weld them back up............the best solution really

Sorry for being a dunce Mat, but are all 3 cats separate? Will I need 3 de-cat pipes to get rid of them? I know of a place in Derby where I work who advertise making custom stainless systems on the radio, so I could get them made there. What sort of power gains would there be?

Id say that it would be really touch & go on the performance increase...may even get worse without them!!!! all works on backpressure etc.......so you would be taking a risk. I would either just stick to the back box or wait til someone else has tried it!:)

the cats are placed so.........

1 in each down pipe and one in the intermediate pipe from d/p to rear box.

the power gains would be marginal,but would not harm the engine

mat

Hi,

I had my cat replace with a cat look alike muffler box. The power feeling is much better becos of the lesser restriction. With this cat muffler, Tom barrel exhaust in my auto supercharged IS200, my 0-100km timing has improved from 9.2sec to 8.6sec.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links