Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Last weekend I went to visit a friend in Royal Leamington Spa. Parked my IS200 in a council car park and came back to find out that some scrote/s decided to Starsky & Hutch it all over my car :crybaby:!

The roof is warped though I have managed to pull 3 of the major dents out myself, but I've got 6 very visible flaws in the roof now, they also rolled over the front of my car scratching the bonnet and nearside wing also denting the bonnet in two places in the process, one of them right on one of the folds too. To add insult to injury they even ripped off one of my roof strips - the :tsktsk:!

orBjf.jpg

IydkG.jpg

ErRVz.jpg

VmwxN.jpg

yocFn.jpg

The police are checking the CCTV in the car park but I’m not holding my breath for them to be able to actually ID the blighter/s.

Took it to Lexus Stoke (my local dealership) but the price they were asking for was > £1000 and would mean an insurance jobby, which I’m really not keen on doing as I don’t have protected no claims. So I’m getting it done at an independent bodyshop in Fenton which was recommended to me by a couple of mates.

I’ll post some after pictures when it’s been filled and re-sprayed.

Really not a happy bunny right now though :megaangry:.

Hello Luke, Really sorry to hear of your problems. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you returned to your car. Leamington Spa was my first managerial position with a finance company back in the 1960's and i have to say what a really nice town it was at that time. Randolph Turpin the famous boxer was born there and the townsfolk were really proud of him. Apart from the odd isolated incident, there was never any real trouble around at that time but, I suppose the place has deteriorated over the years, much like many towns and cities.

My wife always has a go at me for the time that I take to park my car but, I'm afraid that I am very cautious when it comes to my car.

I hope that everything works out well for you and that you can get your car back into good condition again. Fingers crossed that the police will come up with some good news for you and, the culprrits will be caught.

Best wishes to you.

Sorry to hear about this, I think the most frustrating part will be to come when they do not prosecute due to lack of evidence. Which is what will normally happen, even though they are on CCTV.

Although It is costly, have peace knowing that you have a lovely car and the money to repair, this is something they don't and will probably never have.

Hello Luke, Really sorry to hear of your problems. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you returned to your car. Leamington Spa was my first managerial position with a finance company back in the 1960's and i have to say what a really nice town it was at that time. Randolph Turpin the famous boxer was born there and the townsfolk were really proud of him. Apart from the odd isolated incident, there was never any real trouble around at that time but, I suppose the place has deteriorated over the years, much like many towns and cities.

My wife always has a go at me for the time that I take to park my car but, I'm afraid that I am very cautious when it comes to my car.

I hope that everything works out well for you and that you can get your car back into good condition again. Fingers crossed that the police will come up with some good news for you and, the culprrits will be caught.

Best wishes to you.

My heart sunk when I saw it, I've only owned the IS200 since February so the car is all still relatively new to me. Supposedly Royal Leamington Spa has rather a large student population due to Warwick University being nearby, but obviously it's not fair to tarnish a whole group of society with the same brush as it could have been anyone who could have done this. As for the parking, I had the same intentions as you. I thought parking it in a council car park where there was CCTV would have been enough of a deterrent - I was obviously wrong :(.

Sorry to hear about this, I think the most frustrating part will be to come when they do not prosecute due to lack of evidence. Which is what will normally happen, even though they are on CCTV.

Although It is costly, have peace knowing that you have a lovely car and the money to repair, this is something they don't and will probably never have.

You know what I never thought of it like that...Cheers wicked677 :).