Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Clutch, Estimates Of Cost?

GreyArea

The clutch on my IS200 has started slipping, when laden going up a hill and pretty horrible bite when pulling away (well, more than normal, anyway!)

I've just been made redundant, so price is an issue for me, but need to get this sorted. I've found some so-called genuine Lexus clutches on eBay, for around £150, such as this one. Is this OK, or should I be looking somewhere more reputable?

I've seen some comments that the clutch is easy to replace - can anyone give me a time estimate for a competent mechanic, so I know what sort of cost I'd be looking at?

Thanks for any info you are able to provide.

Exedy is a good brand but if your budget can stretch just go for the Original Part. this is from Lexus Birminghams eBay page. cost a bit more but its a genuine part so chances are will last longer and will come with guarantee aswell.

http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_500wt_1127

I'm told by a mechanic friend who is sat next to me and has an IS200 that it takes about 2-3 hours. It's not an engine out job as on some cars. You just need to be able to get underneath it.

About £200-£250 for a genuine toyota/Lexus part. Cheaper if you buy a kit such as you've put a link too on eBay but couldn't tell you if their any good.

Hope this helps

Chris

Thank you both for the replies, gives me a good idea of how much I need to budget. My IS200 is already 11 years old and due to change in circumstance, I probably won't be keeping it for too long, so will probably go for the Exedy.

Simon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links