Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Drain Help !

HI guys, Im needing help with a Battery drain problem. It dies after not using it for more than 24 hours. I get a clicking noise from the relay box as i have noticed others have had similar problems.I have replaced the Battery then tested that one(leaving it unconnected for more then 24 hours to see if it keeps it charge) which is fine. Once jump started it i can see the Battery charges up so the alternator is definitely working. I am also getting the clock back light problem that others seem to have,where it's always on. I have an aftermarket CD player ( bought with the car) so assumed it may be that. I have then removed the center console and completely removed the cables to the CD player AND the clockunit/AC unit and still the Battery goes dead!! There was an open cable coming from the Battery which i removed which was an AMP fuse lead so im assuming there was once an aftermarket AMP installed aswell. Could there be anything to do with an amp that is draining it??

Does it seem to be after alot of rain? Are your headlights coming on? I had a simular issue a few years ago. Water was getting in via the window screen, running along the cables to the junction box in the drivers foot well.

hi, no it happens anytime without rain. I wasnt aware there was a boot ligh ton a 2000 is200? and if the boot light was on it would mean that the boot would have to be open therefore the door open indicator would come on.?

Common cause is the boot light staying on, get someone you trust to lock you in there to see.

Steve means that the boot light may be staying on even though the boot is shut

I'd be very surprised if the IS didn't have a boot light but hey I've been wrong before. It was just a suggestion to try and help you with the problem.

If you have a digital multimeter you could measure the parasitic current draw and if it's excessive start pulling fuses to narrow down the cause.

There is a boot light but they aren't the brightest in the world. Dead centre near the front.

I'd go with damp in the ECU too, especially with the symptoms you describe as that is where the control is.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links