Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coil Pack

is-mart

hi guys,,got bit of an issue,,car buggered up on me last week,,running like a can of pea;s and found out the coil pack had gone,,so replaced them,,got in car today noticed engine management was on again,,so plugged in diagnostic again and it saying cylinder one misfire ,,so i open bonnet checked plugs and check coils to see if sparking and the one coil gone,,surely it wouldn't go after just a couple of days???

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the fuel pump in mine last night and i have had much less misfire than i usually have but i think due to my fuel pump not working as it should i have damaged one of my injectors, i ran a continuity test on all 6 of my injectors last night and one of them gives an unsusally high reading when warm only. norm should be 14-14.2 ohm i think and number one was waving etween 20-30ohm. i'll try changing that injector to clear the issue up all together.

Ben

hi guys sorry for replying been on holiday,, :shifty: anyways,,i only had the misfire on one of my coils after manualy checking them and replaced that one coil and touch wood car has run excellent since

Hi, Probably a stupid question but what are the symptoms of the coil pack failing? Also, do you have to change all six at the same time and where's best to get them from.

My 2000/X IS200SE Auto has now got 165k on it and generally runs well, although after 60 miles on the motorway and stopping at the lights on a slip road the revs drop very low and the car feels as though it's going to stall. As soon as you move away it all good again. Any pointers as to what to check would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Coil packs don't start to fail. They either work or they don't. There's no symptoms of them "on their way out"

If a coil pack goes then whichever cylinder it's connected to will misfire and your EML will come on the dash.

It is recommended you change all together but at over £100 for a genuine Lexus/Toyota coil pack this isn't financially viable for everybody. At the least you should change them in pairs.

I had coil pack go on number 2 cylinder so I changed number 1+2 together. Been perfect since...

Hi, Probably a stupid question but what are the symptoms of the coil pack failing? Also, do you have to change all six at the same time and where's best to get them from.

My 2000/X IS200SE Auto has now got 165k on it and generally runs well, although after 60 miles on the motorway and stopping at the lights on a slip road the revs drop very low and the car feels as though it's going to stall. As soon as you move away it all good again. Any pointers as to what to check would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds like the throttle body needs a clean. Unlikely to be a coil pack, these tend to give problems initially at high rpm and you will feel a slight jerk in acceleration.

Thanks for your responses. Good to know that coil packs should be OK for now. Is cleaning the throttle body a DIY job? If so, could you give me some simple instructions?

• 3 weeks later...