Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Front Disc Splash Shield/guard

eigenvalue

If it is the same like my Mercedes... the guard had coroded around the holding nut so it became "loose", I just installed a couple of washers and reinstalled it. And it still has done the trick (3.5yrs) later not fallen off yet lol.

:)

Thanks for that advice, yes the shield has rusted around the 4 fixing bolts - I must have a closer look to see what might be possible. From what I could see from the workshop manual, it looks as if the caliper, disc, etc. needs to come off in order to remove the shield. Can anyone confirm if the shield can be removed without dismantling? Thanks to all.

It looks the same process on removal as the LS400 so a full dismantle of the hub I'm afraid to replace it.

You don't give the year of your IS but for a year 2000 the part number is 47781-22152 priced around £40.00 from Lexus I don't think there is an aftermarket replacement available.

It may be worth asking ACLex the LOC parts guy for a price delivered.

Thanks for the quick reply Steve. It is a year 2002, and as I suspected, it looks like a major job (for me at least!) to replace. No doubt it would be an MOT failure as it stands?

ON my old mk1 GS, the old shield was completely shot so I just cut it up to get it off. The replacement, i cut a slot, so that it could be bent open to go around and then closed up again. Worked fine.

Thought members might be interested to hear - I placed a request on the BreakerLink site for a used shield and received 2 offers:

£95 (incl. £15 shipplin)

£120 (incl. £30 shipping)

I read from this that they have the part, but clearly did not want to dissassemble the unit!

Not having a local Lexus dealer in Dundee, I contacted the local Toyota dealer (Struans) and they obtained the part 'next day' at £31.58 +VAT (with no shipping).

I have to look more closely at the fitting of the shield, but if a major disassembly is required I wonder if it might be possible to do without splitting the knuckle upper ball-joint and removing the whole unit as the workshop manual suggests? i.e. only remove caliper, disc and then remove nut/hub and replace shield? Thanks to all for the great advice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links