Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lambda Sensor Which One

lexus2000

hello all

i havent been on this in ages as my lexus has been of the road

anyway one of my problems is engine managment light is coming on with my laptop saying 02 sensor bank 2 sensor 1

i replaced it with an aftermarket sensor now its coming up bnk 2 sensor 2

does this mean both sensors have had it

ive been told that aftermarket sensors are not very good so should i put two decent denso sensors that i seen on eBay or get 2 original second hand sensors

all help is very much appreciated

shane

are you sure about the error code, what was the number? There isn't a B2S2 on the IS200.

The IS200 is one Lexus that isn't too picky, most good O2 sensors will work however you cannot go wrong with the correct Denso sensor, they are the OEM used by Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

As above, you shouldn't really have a bank 2 sensor at all. You only tend to get them on car engines with a V formation or similar meaning you have two exhaust manifolds, hence bank 1 and 2.

As above, you shouldn't really have a bank 2 sensor at all. You only tend to get them on car engines with a V formation or similar meaning you have two exhaust manifolds, hence bank 1 and 2.

Although it isn't a V engine, the exhaust manifold is in two with two oxygen sensors so you do have both B1S1 and B2S1. However the two come into a single exhaust system at the cat so you only have a single downstream sensor B1S2