Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Lexus dealer told me that they want a grill that is very distinguishable in the rear view mirror, much like you know when an Audio is up your chuffer (not only because they are driving too close ;-p )

I think that's why you think it looks too much like an Audi, perhaps that's kinda the aim, but to be different enough to tell it's a Lexus.

I'm sorry to say that I find the new-look grill really naf. So much so it would put me off buying a Lexus that had this look.

Lexus need to have a definitive design and stick with it. The German opposition can be spotted instantly by their iconic front end.

Yes, you can stylise it a bit to give it a more modern feel, but this looks more like some toothless old guy yawning.

Have to admit I don't like it at all.

Reminds me of Arnold Vosloo as 'The Mummy' or jim Carey in 'The Mask'.

themummy.jpg

08-The-mask-with-jaw-dropped.png

Looked over a 450H the other day.. likewise, ridiculous front end look.

Agree. The current minor fix with chrome and LEDs is good enough. As the next Lex will be a hybrid, it will have a blue LED similar to new GS, and blue decal. The one feature of the is is that it is a classic looking car. Look at the superb IS photos of members on this forum. They still look fantastic, original and dynamic. So will the current IS when the next comes. I wish they out the 335d engine from a BMW by that name and shove it not the IS body and then we would have a powerful, quiet, 55mpg diesel that tops out at 155mph..... This should be hybrid enough

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, just read through the 11 pages on the Americanm site.

That guy deserves a lot of credit for going to such lengths. I admire his resourcefulness and determination.

Mind you it is quite telling that he points out modding is a very expensive hobby to undertake.