Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had my GS300 SE 2005 for 18 months now and delighted. Only niggles are i) Sat-Nav is 4 character postcode only and ii) No MP3 Player connection or MP3 CD Play Facility.

Is Full Postcode and MP3 Connectivity and Playback included on later GS300 models? If so which was first model year with them? If not, is there a way of upgrading the current system econonomically?

Thanks

Had my GS300 SE 2005 for 18 months now and delighted. Only niggles are i) Sat-Nav is 4 character postcode only and ii) No MP3 Player connection or MP3 CD Play Facility.

Is Full Postcode and MP3 Connectivity and Playback included on later GS300 models? If so which was first model year with them? If not, is there a way of upgrading the current system econonomically?

Thanks

Hi, I had a 2008 GS 450h and didn’t have any of the things you mention, so it would have to be newer than that.

My new 2012 GS has everything. :)

Was your 08 GS the first iteration or the facelift, with the indicators in the door mirrors and full chrome grill surround?

I thought the Gen5 Navi units introduced full postcode usage, but could be adding 2 and 2, and getting 5.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ - go there and type in the 2nd half of the number on your disc.

I bought a disc from a German eBay seller - genuine, not copied - which came from a 4-disc EU set. Western was in the title, and covers UK/Ireland and the western half of the European continent.

It's the latest version for the same Navi you have - Gen3 - but still doesn't show roads on the map that have been in existence for a good 5 years now.

Thankfully I've only paid £50 all in for it - if it's the same as the dealers sell for 3-4x that, then I'd be mightily peeved off.

Knowing then what I know now, I'd have just bought a cheaper 09/10 release disc - but hey ho.

As for MP3 - ML plays mp3 discs, but as we're both in SE's, then the only option is an official (which a tech sort of warned me off) or Vaistech SL2i (or SL3i) from the US hooked up - which I'll be doing relatively shortly.

In the meantime, if you haven't already noticed, the SE's CD mechanism can read CD-RWs - so convert a few songs using Roxio Toast or other disc burning software (if you're up to date with iTunes, which removed disc burning ability at some point!), and then rewrite the disc(s) when you fancy a change.

hi

As to the updates for Sat Nav I have been Toying with the idea of getting A Latest update from the Map Man I know these are Hmm (Copies) But mu Last Car a Omega Elite I copied the Original and used the Backup within 6 Month it Had blown the Laser 350 to get it repaired. Thats why i am Hesitant to get one albeit ive heard the Lexus System is a bit more tolerant of CD-Rs. Now to the MP3 i bought a Tape Converter to plug into the Iphone and the tape player and it works a treat as i use my speed camera App if i am in a strange place the bonus is it plays my MP3 Music granted there is a few clicks now and then but i have got used to these now so i dont notice it .

it works for Me

My car is GS300 55 plate

Robert

Thanks guys! I bought the latest Satnav disc from Lexus when I bought the car in Feb 2011, and this provided updated road information - but still only 4 digit postcode (which seems is a feature of the unit, not the discs).

Thanks again

Mickey

• 3 years later...

go to the GS forum homepage (click on the link at the top of this page or go to forums home - or click here http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/51-lexus-gs-300-lexus-gs-250-lexus-gs-430-lexus-450h-lexus-gs-460-club/ ) and you will see 'start new topic' in a black box on the upper rh side

hth

M

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links