Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Gave My Is300 A Good Going Over..... Pic Heavy

Well my car came back from the bodywork shop today and they did a really good job. Apparently the car had a wash after the work was done. Hmmm, certainly wasn't to my standards lol! So bought her back and spent all afternoon giving her some attention....

Apologies for pic quality, light was disappearing fast and they were taken on my phone.

241a3328f52134369bf1ca7f05145ea2.jpg

6cb6da011ce1a6e4ddf39d8cc7dac045.jpg

4d72ac926744ae3e4cd0dbd0bae90551.jpg

8b2d0e4053ad0606ba71ff7f4cfd8053.jpg

d099b84bbf0912d74e9f9c68e88c6b1c.jpg

b6a9c0419215231c0385e913ad51c7a7.jpg

Got the DA polisher out to get a deep finish on the paintwork. Left side hasn't been polished and the right side has. It's hard to tell the difference in the photo as it was still holding up well from the last time I polished it a month or so ago.

a6a8723fe94188b40645d58b6a3c70b3.jpg

One thing that was starting to irritate me was the headlights. They were starting to turn yellow and faded. So a quick polish with some Autosmart Evo 3 and To me it's a lot better :-)

Before: the photo doesn't pic up the discolouration very well...

8f3e4642a22ba091dc54704104ae67aa.jpg

1020a221529ffec0b1b5ab5f802deb60.jpg

After:

a652caca002f8b0266423e3a98fe237a.jpg

Products used (in the order I used them)

Autosmart shampoo

Autosmart non acidic wheel cleaner

Autosmart G101

Autoglym HD cleanser (strips back the previous wax/polish etc)

Autosmart Smartool polisher

Autosmart Evo 3 compound & Evo 1 fine compound

Autoglym HD wax

Autosmart 20/20 glass cleaner (amazing stuff btw!)

Autoglym bumper & trim gel

Autosmart Tyre dandy

Hopefully will tackle the interior tomorrow :-)

• 7 months later...

Lovely results bud, same colour as the one I pick up tomorrow so it's good to see what can be achieved with it! See your an Autosmart fan - love G101 it's so versatile! Just ordered some Auto Finesse gear to try as people seem to say good things about it.

Si

Nice job Martin. I've been trying to get my head round what to buy to get my car looking good, your list is extremely helpful so many thanks for that. Tis good too that you've listed them in the prder that you used them

Lovely results bud, same colour as the one I pick up tomorrow so it's good to see what can be achieved with it! See your an Autosmart fan - love G101 it's so versatile! Just ordered some Auto Finesse gear to try as people seem to say good things about it.

Si

It would be interesting to know how you get on with the Auto Finesse gear. Perhaps you might give us an update when you get the chance Good luck with your new wheels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cracking job Martin.

With the evo3 on the headlights, was that with the DA polisher or old fashioned elbow grease?

Does anyone know whether the Evo3 works as well without the DA polisher?

Edited by graham8370

Hoodrich, unfortunatly Ridgers sold his 300 a few months ago for a silly low price I might add and hasn't been active since.

He was a good member!! Come back Ridgers!!!!

Thanks for the info Chris. Wish it was me that bought his 300.