Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2003

Gus Woodcock

Got back in the early hours this morning.Had to sleep in the car last night as tent was flooded. Woke up at about 1.30 am and decided to drive home.Apologies to those whom I did not say bye to.

Had a fantastic weekend. It was good to see the regular faces, and some new ones as well. :D

Thanks to Mat C for the hard work in organising the IS430. An interesting car to say the least ! However the "monster" was equally good, and it was interesting to hear about your import ideas. Also the other committee members who had a hand in organising the club affairs cannot be forgotten. Once again thank you. ;)

Can't wait to see the pics. :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from JAE, even though it rained a few times, what a great week-end, there were some amazing cars from every club possible, our pitch was ideally located, just across the road was a food van, just to the side was a beer van, then behind that was the toliets. And if the beer or the food got to you, in front of the pitch was the First Aid tent. :lol::lol:

The IS 430 was an incredible car, the sounds that came from the exhausts was stunning, when it first arrived on the pitch Friday about MidNight ( or there abouts ), everyone was throwing chairs out of the way - dispite who was sitting on them at the time just to find out the heck it was that just drove in. Got looks from everyone on Saturday and Sunday.

It was good to see the old but also a quite a few new faces - sorry, could not remember all the names, but there were alot of great looking IS's with some awsome sounding systems, ( Given me a few ideas and options for my next challange, there were a few LS's there as well as a few GS's, but all in all, all the motors shone like new in the sun.

My Thanks to all those involded in JAE 2003 for the best show that I been to by far.

BR

Paul

Well what can I say except I have to start by saying.....

"BLING BLING....."

This could get a bit long as there was just so much that happened over the 3 days that we were there that it can't really be shrunk, I'll try....

All kicked off on Friday with myself, Charlie(Karma Supra), Dan (YarisTspot), Steve(Admin), and of course Adam(Roadrunner), the rain was worse than it has been in a long long time quickly turning into a swimming pool (Charlie did you think of turning the heater on you could have had the only mobile Jacuzzi in show ).... We arrive at 4'ish, when the rain stopped, cleaned the cars, put the tents up and got on with the important matters (the booze...)

Friday evening and night turned a bit blurry as there was an amazing turn out from both TOC and LOC and about 40 cars between the two clubs attending and partakinbg in a little not-so-light refreshment before wandering upto the onsite curry takeaway (how superb is that) to take a quick break from drinking, oops no we didnt we marched in beers in hadn ....

By 3am we'ld polished off a good few salbs of lager and ofc ourse the first bottle of Sambuca and *** knows what else...

Sleeping in a tent (thanks Ken, I'll grab my duvet sometime ) most of us hgad an early start, myself was 7.15am (ouch) feeling slightly (read very) rough, we tried to arrange the cars in a s little space as possible and had great fun lining everyone up, it was clear not all cars were going to be together.... Did anyone really care on the Sat

Saturday afternoon we had the judging of the best cars on show. Trophies went to...

1-Adam (Roadrunner) for his Celica

2- SystemG (Garrick) for his white Mk2 MR2

3- StarletSi (Simon) for his Starlet Turbo

A good vairety of cars and I think fairly judged

Now the fun really began and we were rewarded for it as you'll find later in the post !!

The heavens opened again so what did we do as a sensible group.... Myself, MattW (LOC), Pavilitos (Peter) and Yaristspot(Dan) jumped into Matt's IS200 and headed to Tesco's for BBQ food as you do when its pouring with rain, thats only the beginning of it...

For those who weren't there MattW is a top top bloke but lives aon another planet and does not mind what he says to anyone (BLING BLING Basil Brush Stylee).... While leaving the stand he had no qualms about hanging out of the window screaming at the passing Nova where to find the Max Muppet erm Power stand, hanging out of the window screaming at cars with fog lights on how he really like the 50Bhp increse mod and basic abuse at every one we could (pppsssssssssttt...)....

Returning from Tescos we though it would be amusing entering the JAE site with the sunroof open, windows down and serenadingg all JAE attendee's with Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, a lot of people were it tears and we actually won the competition for the funniest moment of JAE with the act hosted by JAE Radio oops we were warming up....

BBQ was lit, loads of food was eaten (there was a BBQ for vegetarians) and the drink flowed late into the night, then thintgs got silly (you mean they weren't already.. oh no !!)

Late into the early hours we had muppets with stupidly load stereos blaying Bass beats while people were trying to sleepp so what did we do in response, reversed up, opened MattW's boot to a sublte blue neon SUB and pumped out extremely loud verses of The Carpenters song Just Like You (think thats the title, you know the one.... Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near...).... It worked so well we thought we would go around the camp site and sing to people out of the sunroof, again returned to mass amounts of laughter...

After we calmed down we thought a beer might be needed, there goes another 3am finish after sitting in the road for a while giving passing cars votes out of 10, not sure what the Honda with 10 colours of LED flashing lights (UFO) got think it was minus something...

6am start Sunday to a great turnout from LOC & TOC, the Yaris's were superb, was it 6 we had ???

Again a silly day of singing music and enjoyment to all (no alcohol as peeps had to drive home and more importantly sunshine

In summary, a great weekend, I won't list all the members I met ias it would double the length of this post, to you all it was a pleasure, great cars, everyones cars looked stunning, alcohol, food and laughter....

Anyone for a camping TOC & LOC trip, although we would need some muppet clubs to come a long to tease

Overall there were no real problems, TOC & LOC's behaviour was superb, almost no racing around the site and everyone being very helpful and now the only regret is it is another 12 months until the next one....

Apologies for the length of this post, photo's (and video) coming soon....

Supragal thx for the photo's I just didn't have time

Now off to find some new feet.... Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as me.....

Steve, superb job matey, thanks for all the effort, it really paid off

Oh dear me.....

Frstly, thanks to Steve and co for making it a safe fun and most entertaining weekend. Sooo glad I didn't miss it although I did drive home on saturday night for the comfort of a bed and er... abit of the other...

Both days were blinding. I concur with Ryan's discription of Matt Wildernes. All I will add is, if you are going shopping for a bargain and looking to win favour with the vendors, Matt aint the shopping partner of choice. If you want to stand out in a crowd and air your veiws to the world indiscriminatley. THen the Proffessor has arrived. Funniest man of the weekend? Deffinately!

Mat C, great to see you again and thanks for the quick spin in the IS430. In hind sight I think you should have let everyone else have a drive too but I appreciate you trusting me. I'll be sure to let zee know how it felt.

Zee, Word to the 'fro! You still got skillz, son. :zee:

To all the guys I saw clearing stuff up. Word to the unsung heros of the day.

Highlight for me was pretty obvious. but on the way home I pulled up along side a familiar looking Mazda MX5 and in the passenger seat (ifraz,Chris,Ryan,Zee) was a young lady we had met before at JAPS. SHe was still looking fine and we exchanged a few pleasantries in the traffic while her boyfriend smouldered in the drivers seat... :P :whistling: :winky:

To the Death Burgers, I say thanks for helping me laugh so hard I almost shat! :blink::sick: :shutit: :nuke::nuke::nuke:

I hope everyone had as good a time as me. It was a pleasure to meet new and old faces. dissapointing to be let down by the rolling road chaps this afternoon. booked me in for 2pm and somehow the price had changed and they had some other f**ker on there.... wonder what happend there then.... :angry:

But Nothing could take away from the great time I had. to say I drove there and back twice in two days, is to say that it was worth every mile!

Bring on the next mini meet... :zee:

Thanks Ryan and Loz for the acknowledgment! :winky:

Thanks to every one who turned up and I hope you all had a great time.

Funny IS430 moment was when we were sat in the IS430 going around the site and some guy stops us and says "hey mate.. i can get you any part for this car".. mat replies "Not for this car you cannot"... the guy replies "but its an only IS200" mats reply.. "err no mate.. its an IS430.. the only one in the world"... giggle!

Must admit mat.. you looked even cooler with that fag on the go! (cough cough)

Also another funny moment was a couple of guys revving their engines up and mat stops.. sticks the car in neutral and kicks the 430 in the guts... put these guys in shame.. that put a big grin on my chops!

Lozzy boy.. got your call dude.. i nearly crashed laughing!/.. you one funny dude mate!

anyway.. thanks to tony goose who helped clear up the LOC pitch!

What a brilliant weekend - despite the torrential rain on the journey down on Friday, and on Saturday night.

The sun shone at all other times - which is why the camp site was buzzing at the ungodly hour of 6.30a.m. on a Sunday..........

Saw some beautiful (and immaculate) cars :wub:

Spoke with some super people :D

Drank too much :crybaby:

Ate very unhealthily :yack: (Apart from the barbie on Saturday which was excellent - thanks to Pee.j and Matt W for their skills, and NickE from TOC for the loan of his BBQ)

Got far too little sleep :sleeping: (I want blackout lining in my tent......)

And once again, Much power to the 'fro!! :zee:

Can't wait for the group photo to come online

Here's to the next one - and thanks to everyone who made it such a success

Linda

Just to add my two'penneth....

Thanks all, we had a good time on Saturday. Thanks to Fidgits for amusing Kieran and making the 2 Lexus representatives sweat (imagine a 1 year old let loose in a SC430...). Thanks also MsW for the Pimms :D

Great day, nice to see you all, sorry we couldn't make it back for today.

anyway.. thanks to tony goose who helped clear up the LOC pitch!

[bow] :) [/bow]

Of course what i failed to notice was our pitch neighbours chucking all their crap

onto our pitch for me to pick up on the next lap round ....

Good job i have the memory capacity of a.... ermmm... oh yes... goldfish, that's it :blush:

Seemed odd nobody else had any trash and we had 117 sackfulls :unsure:

Left about 6.35... phonecall from hostility suite guys about 5 mins later "wheres the keys?"

"We can't go anywhere coz we can't lock the thing down :blink: "

Huh, didn't know there were any ? Luckily got hold of MatC who knew where they were.

Home about 8.15... Now i'm tyred.. err tired.... see what i mean :yawn:

Steve, how you get home so quick ? Are you home ?

Maybe stopped at some seedy hotel part way :winky:

They'd look at yer shirt and offer a room by the hour - or maybe fractions thereof :lookaround:

Now everyone, gather your JAE thought(s), highlights + memories (that's MEMORIES Loz :))

Put them into notepad so you're ready when Steve or Rod ask for them for the newsletter.

Do it NOW... All of you...

If you don't, MatC already told me i have to do it :duh:

Can you really stand more of the drivel i spouted in last years memoires?

No didn't think so... Now get on with it :devil:

steve has a monopoly on skin cream and dental additives down his neck of the woods.... :whistling:

what do you rub it in with steve? er... don't aswer that, one word

SPATULA!

and before anyone else says it..... :offtopic:

sp back to nice clean thoughts of a great weekend in Billing, speaking of which, does she, steve? :whistling:

Great to see the family turn out and enjoy. oh, and thanks for moving my car on saturday. Hope you guys wind up with a GS Mk2 even if you do overshadow me with your 430... :unsure: If I continue to be the only one showing up for meets people are gonna think its as rare as the IS430 *cough cough* or that there is something seriously wrong with them, other than being barge like...

anyway, nice to see you and the prodigal son!

:zee:

ps. I think they do a 'fro in his size :whistling:

Great to see the family turn out and enjoy. oh, and thanks for moving my car on saturday. Hope you guys wind up with a GS Mk2 even if you do overshadow me with your 430... :unsure: If I continue to be the only one showing up for meets people are gonna think its as rare as the IS430 *cough cough* or that there is something seriously wrong with them, other than being barge like...

anyway, nice to see you and the prodigal son!

:zee:

ps. I think they do a 'fro in his size :whistling:

you been sniffing tht NOS again loz mate

well that was fun

i feel like i need a bath

pshhhhhh

highlights for me are ...

1 the max power award bit

there was a pikey family all a bit tipsy the 'dad?' was drooling over the max power skanks....sorry erm

well they were female and breathing and on the max power stand ......

a pikey female possibly the mother , could not be sure as there were about 6 small children,

was hurling abuse at the male pikey much to the amusement of the surrounding crouds

bazza turning up with a bloody SUPERCARGER....

jac being converted welcome to the clan my brother

seranading max power at 1 in the morning with the carpenters

BLING BLING

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

rain rain rain rain rain rain drops keep falling on my headrain rain rain rain

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

fro's as far as the croud can see

the two fantastic guys from germany erm friel and ...the technical guy who was possibly the hardest guy there

erm karting

and having to forcably remove lyn from the hospitality ten because she wouldnt stop bloody cleaning

i love you all xxxx

m@

I had a great weekend, a BIG thanks to all the people who's hard work made JAE such a success and kept it running smoothly. (Steve, Mat C, TonyGoose etc....)

Good to see some regulars, and new faces (to me anyway)..

Bazza.. a perfect surprise.. and congrats on the trophy :winky:

Matt & Linda.. thanks for the camping help.

Claire, thanks for letting me steal Kerion for 10 mins.. a future SC driver me thinks! :D

Bobski, thanks for you know what :winky:

Sorry I had to leave early, and didn't get to say goodbye to everyone.

I will post my piccies when I get home.

Thanks for a super weekend everyone.... great to meet you all and your impressive cars.

See you all again soon.... promise I'll get the chammy out next time feeling guilty I owe fidgets a car wash, polish and chammy next week. :)

and ...the technical guy who was possibly the hardest guy there

No Possibly about it. That guy looked so hard I bet he shat TTE 20mm bolts and P1ssed 200 ron unleaded!!!

But what really nice pair of guys. They happily came with me to act as bull ***** dectectors when I went to enquire about a certain forced induction system for my modest little GS300. And were most helpful.

Let us not forget that it was with their consent that most of us got a ride around in a half million pound "limited edition" IS 200...

and before you correct me. Go to cologne, find TTE, wat till they open then ask kindly if you can look at the owners manual in the glove box of the black car and it says..... IS200! but I do conceed that it is heavily modified. :blink:

Loz :zee:

why can i not get this tune out of my head :duh: :duh:

doh!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk