Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Detailing And Professional Polishing

Does anyone know of a reputable detailing/valet company in the Bromley/Croydon area of SE London.

I'd like to get my recently purchased LS mopped and polished and the engine bay cleaned and tidied up. Local company recommendations i have seem to be a bit hit n miss with no real recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Auto Finesse

Area: Hertfordshire/Essex/London

Name: Brazo

Area: Wiltshire/Gloucestershire/Berkshire

Name: DetailMyCar

Area: West Berkshire & surrounding areas.

Name: Envy Valeting

Area: Hampshire/Sussex/Surrey/Nationwide/Abroad

Name: Gleams

Area: Guilford and surrounding areas

Name: invisibletouchdetailing

Area: West Sussex / Throughout UK

Name: JMDetailing (Morty)

Area: Berkshire and surrounding areas

Name: Johnnyopolis

Area: Hants/Berks/Surrey/London

Name: KDS Keltec

Area: Kent/South East

Name: *MAGIC* - Valet Magic

Area: Surrey,Berkshire.

Name: Professional Car detailing (ProCarDetailing)

Location: Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, London and Channel Islands

Name: Refined Detail

Area: Sussex /Surrey / Hampshire / Kent / Buckinghamshire / Berkshire

Name:RefinedDetails

Area: South East - Bucks, Beds, Berks, Cambs, Hampshire, Herts, Oxon, Northants, Surrey and beyond...

Name: Simply Clean detailing

Area: East Sussex

Of those listed as supporters of detailing World, I can only truly vouch for KDS in Gillingham.

There's none better than Kelly, and with the train station right next to the complex, as well as Lepsons opposite for wheel refurb'ing/customising, you could do a lot worse.

That said, Valet Magic, Auto Finesse, Envy Valeting, Gleammachine (not listed), Brazo are all good guys and have been doing it for quite a while.

Sorry I'm not familiar with where most of those places mentioned are, so some/many might be impractical to employ or travel to.

Save your money - seriously!! DIY is a doddle and if you can wash a car, paint a wall, use a screwdriver then you are over-qualified and you can detail yourself. Buy a good kit for £30-50 and you'll be able to do loads of cars.

Save your money - seriously!! DIY is a doddle and if you can wash a car, paint a wall, use a screwdriver then you are over-qualified and you can detail yourself. Buy a good kit for £30-50 and you'll be able to do loads of cars.

Is there any particular 'Kit' that you would recommend please?

Detailers can do an amazing job on cars. If your car has swirl marks they can easily blitz them out and you would have to spend a fair amount more than that to do as good a job. Dont get me wrong you can do a very good job with £50 but you aint gonna be able to polish properly and do paint correction. In my opinion the best thing to do is pay to get it fully detailed professionally and then make sure you keep on top of it,

Hi,

I agree with BenIS, £50 would not even scratch the surface for a good quality detailing job, I have just spent £150 and that is just on products, and not the necessary equipment to do a really good detailing job. A good detailing kit would cost around £300

I tend to keep my cars really clean, wash at least 2 times a week, polish every 5/6 weeks, and use a detailing spray in between the main polishing, so my cars never get to the stage were they need a good, professional, detailing job, and if you follow a few simple steps you can conceivably cut down on swirl marks.

Use the two bucket system, use good quality micro fibre cloths, and a good sealent or polish.

So if your car is just dirty, with a few minor marks, then yes you could do a pretty good job your self, but if you have paint swirls, paint decolourisation, and paint blemishes and you want to bring you paint finish back to looking like new, then you need a good detailing job witch could cost you up to £700.

Chris

Whatever you spend, sods law dictates that some careless pillock will scratch or dent it in Tesco's car park, and that's before the pigeons take aim.

I like my cars clean, and polish occasionally as well, but life's too short to get all anal about paint.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks chaps - bit the bullet and used a company called IValet, they came down from Cambridge and I must say for the 300 notes i paid they did a remarkable job inside and outside and threw in an engine bay detail to.

Well pleased with the finish paint is silky smooth and water just beads and runs off just like it used to on my old GS300. No more swirl marks or holograms either.

Mine was in a bad state having not been properly cleaned or waxed for many years. I just need to keep it that way now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not wishing to teach your grandmother to suck eggs, but remember to use a good shampoo. It's amazing how many people pay for a valet and then use a rubbish shampoo or co-op jet wash etc which ends up washing off the wax leaving the car unprotected.