Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Reverse Bulbs...

rhaines

Hiya peeps,

A couple of you got the Blue Reverse bulbs from George on Sunday at JAE, hope your all happy with them, I find them a lot brighter in mine, although they don't quite look the same as in a Blue Lex, did anyone get a photo of these which we coul post ?

Spoke to George this morning to see if I could put his mobby on the web and he's said he'll keep these bulbs discounted to £10 a pair for LOC members....

If you want a set drop me a PM and I'll put you on the list, I'll give George a call once a week if there is enough interest and arrange the postage of the bulbs to whoever wants them :)

Not sure how to sort payments P&P out yet but am sure some bright spark on here will have a good idea :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take some piccies tonight and post them for everyone to see what you're talking about. :)

More important question, you happy with them as I could only show you what mine were like in the day time :D

I'll take some piccies tonight and post them for everyone to see what you're talking about. :)

More important question, you happy with them as I could only show you what mine were like in the day time :D

These are definitely brighter at night, with a hint of blue in them. The only criticism I have at the moment with these bulbs is that they aren't very bright during the day. :geek:

Don't know about you guys, but I would want any driver behind me to know when I'm reversing during daylight. I'm off out to the car park now to have another look. Will report back later B)

I got a set too.. i totally agree with Ifraz's comments......... but they do look the part.... a little pricy i thought. Spoke to George about getting the HID look full beam bulb... so i keep you posted when i get them and compare them to my existing Phillips blue.

Here are the photo's I took about 15 mins ago... they actually seem pretty bright now in the day. B)

The original white bulb with the Blue one

Comapre_the_difference_1.sized.jpg

This is what the Blue bulb look like in the day when not on

Blue_reverse_bulb.sized.jpg

This is what it looks like when it's on in the day

Blue_reverse_bulb_on.sized.jpg

Compare the difference when off (White left and blue right)

Compare_the_diffrence_3.sized.jpg

Compare the difference when on

Compare_the_difference.sized.jpg

I couldn't understand what you guys were on about when you said they looked dimmer than standard in daylight :duh: I put one in and compared it to standard and it was loads brighter. They have a bit too much of a blue tint in them for comfort though, so I expect to be pulled by the local constabulary before too long :unsure:

No doubt someone will now spend the next 2 hours replying with the legal and moral implications of having slightly blue tinted lamps on your car :shutit: :shutit: :shutit:

In the dark no blue tint at all :)

I thought some of you might like them, I didn't realise 9 of you would buy them on the day lol....

It's going to be standard equipment soon...

I couldn't understand what you guys were on about when you said they looked dimmer than standard in daylight :duh:  I put one in and compared it to standard and it was loads brighter. They have a bit too much of a blue tint in them for comfort though, so I expect to be pulled by the local constabulary before too long :unsure:

I am mistaken...you're right Andy, they are loads brighter, even in the day. When I first looked at them on in JAE the sun was shinning down hard which made it difficult to see.

No doubt someone will now spend the next 2 hours replying with the legal and moral implications of having slightly blue tinted lamps on your car :shutit:  :shutit:  :shutit:

:lol: :shutit:

how easy to fit? (bearing in mind I am an automotively retarded)

Easy.

Open boot.... :blink:

Take off the two caps covering two phillips screws on each light.

Unscrew the screws.... :yawn:

Take out light unit

Unplug reverse bulb

Take out old bulb..... :whistling:

Replace with shiney new blue bulb...... :winky:

Replace bulb, unit, screws and caps.

Slam the car in reverse and watch people go.......... :o

Drive off down the road in reverse to show off the new bulbs....... B)

Total time to change both bulbs? 20 minutes TOPS.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links