Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Reverse Bulbs...

rhaines

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does that mean the colour of the bulb, or of the light produced?

from Ifraz's pictures, I would not say that these bulbs do not produce a white light.

ok - there is a blueish cast to them - but then there is a yellowish cast to the standard lights.

I would imagine you would only have to worry if they were red,or green or something - these must be ok

does that mean the colour of the bulb, or of the light produced?

from Ifraz's pictures, I would not say that these bulbs do not produce a white light.

lok - there is a blueish cast to them - but then there is a yellowish cast to the standard lights.

I would imagine you would only have to worry if they were red,or green or something - these must be ok

I agree - I have these bulbs, and although the light is tinted blue, it is very slight. I am not concerned about these at all - how often would a cop see you reversing anyway....?

Now while i have comitted a few driving offences in the past,<cough> im sure there is something

illegal about having BLUE lights either at the front/rear of the car unless of course you

use it as an emergency vehicle.so i will wait for all of you to post(soon) that you have been pulled

and given a warning or told to replace them,so make sure you carry the originals in the boot

(saves on paperwork)just in case. :whistling::whistling:

Good Luck Guys.....

Now while i have comitted a few driving offences in the past,<cough> im sure there is something

illegal about having BLUE lights either at the front/rear of the car unless of course you

use it as an emergency vehicle.so i will wait for all of you to post(soon) that you have been pulled

and given a warning or told to replace them,so make sure you carry the originals in the boot

Good Luck Guys.....

you can have any type of light or colour any where on the car

as long as you dont turn them on ,so unless you do a lot of reverse driving i dont think they will be any trouble

Good Luck Guys.....

they are not blue though Pete - they are white?

the bulbs themselves are blue - but the light is white.

bazza

as long as you dont turn them on ,so unless you do a lot of reverse driving i dont think they will be any trouble

Answer to above:A little tale,me and my mates was working in Bromley(80's),finished work,driving along and the gearbox failed(crapy V6 Granada)only gear available was reverse?He drove home all the way to croydon(at speed limit) in reverse,you should have seen the looks we were getting,mate said as it needed a rebuild no harm in reversing home,gearbox was well and truely cooked by the time we got home.(nutter)......he really is?

Only time will tell,i hope your right

• 4 months later...
Open boot.... :blink:

Take off the two caps covering two phillips screws on each light.

Unscrew the screws.... :yawn:

Take out light unit

Unplug reverse bulb

Take out old bulb..... :whistling:

Replace with shiney new blue bulb...... :winky:

Replace bulb, unit, screws and caps.

I'm probably being a spaz here but how do you get the lining out of the way?

Do those plastic bits just pull out so you can lift the carpet lining or is there something really easy that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance guys

Hi Mate.

You shouldnt have to remove any lining.

Look on the side of the light, where the boot closes, there are two round covers, there are screws there, and voila!

D'oh!!!

Thanks for that Ian, I feel a right muppet now - I always seem to try to do things the hard way!!!!

Will get them fitted tomorrow hopefully - I managed the right hand side main bulbs which about broke me so I should be able to do these - do the old ones just pull out then I assume - how do you put these in if you're not allowed to touch the glass - or was that just the front lights you can't touch???

TIA!

do the old ones just pull out then I assume - how do you put these in if you're not allowed to touch the glass - or was that just the front lights you can't touch???

TIA!

yep - old ones pull out....

and you can touch the bulbs no probs - it's just the front bulbs you shouldn't touch....

yep - old ones pull out....

and you can touch the bulbs no probs - it's just the front bulbs you shouldn't touch....

Thanks fella's - I'm getting there slowly but surely - I was expecting to attack the lights from the back end but from what you've both said I guess the front just comes off and jobs a good un :)

I'm well chuffed with the X-Whites, loads better than the stock stuff I had already, thanks again :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Anyone know if these are still available, or where i could get some from. I really really want some!

It's gonna be my first mod (had car for 6 weeks now), but something tells me this is gonna become addictive, and i'm sure it wont be the last! :winky:

cheers