Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Conditioning

Ace2

• 2 weeks later...

I also have an A/C issue starting with warm air about six weeks ago. After verifying that my 05 GX has the current relay, I visited an Atlanta Lexus dealer who recharged the A/C with refrigerant and dye. $200 later, ice cold air - until last week.

While this seems to confirm I have a leak (or leaks), is there anything I can try on my own before going back to the dealer? Something short term could work until cooler weather arrives.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

@Ace2 - if it isn't turning on when you select it then it's probably too low on gas. But you probably should be a little more clear with your description.

@erikschwartz - It sounds like you have a leak then. When it was regassed they often put a dye in the system too which aids with leak detection. You need an ultraviolet light really though and this will highlight the dye on the offending area.

I also have an A/C issue starting with warm air about six weeks ago. After verifying that my 05 GX has the current relay, I visited an Atlanta Lexus dealer who recharged the A/C with refrigerant and dye. $200 later, ice cold air - until last week.

While this seems to confirm I have a leak (or leaks), is there anything I can try on my own before going back to the dealer? Something short term could work until cooler weather arrives.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

If you have just paid 200 bucks to have the AC sorted and it hasn't worked take it back to the dealer.

I don't know about US law but here in the UK it is now illegal to refill an AC system before it has been checked for leaks.

If you have lost all the refridgerant within 6 weeks you have a serious leak that should be fairly easy to find especially with the dye present.

There is nothing you can do yourself to sort the problem.

• 1 year later...

I have an is200 X reg. The air con works, but only when IT feels like it! . I took it to a garage last week and the guy said that the pressure was very slightly low and he added dye and repressurised it. Seems a genuine guy, wouldn't take any payment. He said it could be an intermittent fault. Seems to me like a stat or something is holding it off. any ideas please?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links