Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Convert Is220 To Is250 Rear

Sterling

I read a post on here about converting thr rear end of the IS220. Someone answered back saying that it was an easy straight fit. I decided to have a go and this is the result.

rear1.jpg

I also, as you can see, took the chance to have the lip spoiler fitted. Lexus wanted to charge over £450 for supply and fit of the spoiler, but a hunt round eBay and I got this one painted and delivered for £100. There are a few different ones available. I chose this one as it had bolts to attach it to the boot lid. There are some that are just stuck on with double sided tape. Hmmmm.

To do the job, I bought an IS250 bumper from eBay with the reversing sensor holes and the twin exit exhaust back section.

Problems encountered :

1. I wanted the "Lexus" and "IS220d" badges removed. This left 6 locating holes that had to be filled and the boot painted.

2. The replacement bumper had square holes for the parking sensors. My sensors needed round holes. New sensors form Lexus are £104 each, plus £12 for the small brackets to hold them. We therefore filled the holes, painted the bumper and drilled perfect size round holes.

3. There is no exhaust hanger on the passenger side. The holes to mount the hanger are present and the bolts to attach the hanger are there. Part from Lexus is : 1750931061

Costs (purchase and delivery) :

Spoiler - £100

Bumper - £65

Exhaust - £70

Exhaust hanger - £25

Bodyshop - £325

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also planning on doing this mod.

Is there any difference in exhaust pipe diameter between the 220d and 250 exhaust? I assume the flanges are the same?

I haven't yet found a bumper in the right color so I'm planning on cutting a new hole in my 220d bumper, hope it looks ok..., if not I can always put a 250 bumper on.

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links