Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Sel/mm On The Way!

Well, I passed my 07 is220D to my son a month ago and he is chuffed to bits with it! Well and truly put his astra in the shade. He now makes his journeys feeling fresh and relaxed.

Been driving the works van since! Desperately trying to find me a 250 sel that i liked enough. I should add I was also looking at Audi A6's and BMW's too. I have to say they just did not do it for me.

Have seen quite a few 250's of various guises SR, SE i, SE and the SEL MM. Prices have varied quite alarmingly both from Lexus main dealer, trade and private sources. Condition has varied too! All four doors scraped and dinged(supermarket/car park scenario no doubt), OK not horrendously, but enough to make you think...yuk!. And these have been described as immaculate! Been to a fair few forecourts in the south and had friends taking pics and emailing details to me.

So, it's been quite a hunt. Today I have found the one! She (scary when you start calling them SHE is it not!) is an absolute beaut. Full spec is as follows:-

2010 is 250 SEL mm with Mark Levinson DVD/5.1

Arctic Pearl with a nice set of wheels and a low mileage too.

Beige leather seats (heated and cooled) and, crucially for me, charcoal carpets and tunneling. Very nice combination.

Drives beautifully and still has 5 months of Lexus warranty.

The best bit is, I have only paid a grand more than quoted for a 57 and an 08 plate SEL MM from a Lexus dealer! And £5 more than quoted for a 09 SE i. OK I realise they would have a 12 month warranty covered on the price. So I'm feeling an optimistically happy bunny right now. Jumping up to the facelft version is bonus I was not really expecting to achieve.

Should be collecting Monday night I hope. Then I will be driving whenever and wherever I can getting familiar with all the gadgets and toys. :)

The moral if there is one, is be patient and search out the one YOU want.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, hoping it's as good as I anticipate.

Privado, as they say. The FLSH and 4-5 months of Warranty remaining helped sway the deal.

You have beaten me to it so congratulations normski2 i'm sure that you will enjoy your new car. I'm hoping that my good news is not too far away now and that I too will be enjoying the pleasures of the IS250. However, i'm afraid that I will be having to wait a little while longer before I can get one as new as yours. Well done again on what sounds like a brilliant buy.

Cheers matey. Can't wait!!

Roll on Monday night

Have you got your sights on one!

Hi again normski2, As you know, my 220d is the SE-L Multimedia and I must admit that whatever happens I will NOT move away from that level of spec, it is absolutely brilliant and i think that you will feel the same about it when you get yours. As and when you come to change the car again in the future you will find it extremely difficult to go for anything less. I think that the only things missing from mine is a sunroof (which i'm not a fan of anyway) and the 'radar cruise control'

With regards to my change, I am hoping that I can button something up within the next week or so.

It looks as though we can both put our B10 and AR6200 thoughts finally to bed! You of course will need to guide your son on its merits.

Have you read the threads on 'Fuel' in respect of the IS250?

Hi Geoff. Yes I have versed him thoroughly in looking after the EGR and started him off with a can of BG244 and a bottle of AR6200 so he knows what to get. I printed it out and laminated it for him! Made him break out in hysterics....kids eh!!

Yes I have noted the various threads for the 250..I made a point of reading them all as I went along..as I knew/hoped I would get to a 250 at some point.

I agree on the sunroof..really not necessary, have not got one and did not want one. The whole mechanism also chomps away a fair bit of head room, exactly as it did in my old is200.

On the new one I'm getting I had not realised the Mirrors 'park up' when the car is locked. They also tilt down a touch when reverse is selected. Nice touch!

Hi Geoff. Yes I have versed him thoroughly in looking after the EGR and started him off with a can of BG244 and a bottle of AR6200 so he knows what to get. I printed it out and laminated it for him! Made him break out in hysterics....kids eh!!

Yes I have noted the various threads for the 250..I made a point of reading them all as I went along..as I knew/hoped I would get to a 250 at some point.

I agree on the sunroof..really not necessary, have not got one and did not want one. The whole mechanism also chomps away a fair bit of head room, exactly as it did in my old is200.

On the new one I'm getting I had not realised the Mirrors 'park up' when the car is locked. They also tilt down a touch when reverse is selected. Nice touch!

The tilting mirrors when you engage reverse is an absolutely briliant idea, I find that it makes parking so much easier. You probably read that I did the modification on the mirrors on my 220d for them to fold in/out when the doors are locked/unlocked, I found that really helpful. If (when) I get a 250 i will definitely do the modification on it. I spoke to Michael in Oz recently and he has a daughter living in London and he is considering letting her have some stock of the Po-40 so that will make it easier to get hold of. The other thing that you will probably have on your later 250 is the door mirrors incorporating the indicator flashers. I think that came in on the 2010 model, might even have been on the 2009.

Normski, Congratulations on your new car. Nice spec and colour! The wing mirrors also dim at night along with the rear view mirror!

Thanks F.A.. I used to be a football referee, feels like I'm responding to the FA!!

Looks like you have the Acrtic Pearl there sir. Any tips on caring for it? Any absolute no no's? Thanks in advance.

'Scuse ignorance, I see your is listed as SEL FM. What does the FM moniker relate to?

The tilting mirrors when you engage reverse is an absolutely briliant idea, I find that it makes parking so much easier. You probably read that I did the modification on the mirrors on my 220d for them to fold in/out when the doors are locked/unlocked, I found that really helpful. If (when) I get a 250 i will definitely do the modification on it. I spoke to Michael in Oz recently and he has a daughter living in London and he is considering letting her have some stock of the Po-40 so that will make it easier to get hold of. The other thing that you will probably have on your later 250 is the door mirrors incorporating the indicator flashers. I think that came in on the 2010 model, might even have been on the 2009.

Quite right Geoff, it does indeed have the indicator flashers. I'm also liking the L and reverse L shape to the reversing lights on the rear cluster.

Quite right Geoff, it does indeed have the indicator flashers. I'm also liking the L and reverse L shape to the reversing lights on the rear cluster.

Not familiar with that bit I'm aftaid. you really must post up some piccys when you get the car. i have never seen the colour of yours on the road. There is a chap in Budleigh who has one that is the same colour as mine. When i go walking along the seafront I always look out for other Lexi but don't see many of them around here. It's nice to know that we aint common don't you think!

Normski, Congratulations on your new car. Nice spec and colour! The wing mirrors also dim at night along with the rear view mirror!

Thanks F.A.. I used to be a football referee, feels like I'm responding to the FA!!

Looks like you have the Acrtic Pearl there sir. Any tips on caring for it? Any absolute no no's? Thanks in advance.

'Scuse ignorance, I see your is listed as SEL FM. What does the FM moniker relate to?

I am a bit obsessed with cleaning our cars so it gets cleaned about 2-3 times a week when the weather is good and 1-2 times when the weather is not. Arctic pearl is an amazing colour but unfortunately becomes dirty very quickly, as expected. To cut a long story short, ( I could talk for hours on cleaning cars) I just ensure that there is plenty of good wax and wheel sealant on it periodically.

The FM stands for Full Map. Unfortunately the MM option was deleted from the 2011 model.

The FM stands for Full Map. Unfortunately the MM option was deleted from the 2011 model.

Ah I see. I should have paid more attention to your personal legend under each of your posts!!

10pm and I have just walked in through my front door with the biggest grin my wife has ever seen apparently!! Jumped on the train and went and picked up my is250, then drove the 160 mile trip home.

all I can say is OH......MY.......GOD...THAT WAS AMAZING!!

Will put more updates and piccies real soon.

10pm and I have just walked in through my front door with the biggest grin my wife has ever seen apparently!! Jumped on the train and went and picked up my is250, then drove the 160 mile trip home.

all I can say is OH......MY.......GOD...THAT WAS AMAZING!!

Will put more updates and piccies real soon.

BRILL BRILL BRILL normski2, I just knew that you would be 'over the moon' with your new car. Buttons here, switches there, buttons and switches evrywhere!!!

Look forward to seeing the piccy's soon.

Thanks Geoff. Yes there are a lot of buttons to master!!

The sat nav was brilliant. Whilst putting my postcode in I discovered ( I think) it has 2010 version DVD and Western Europe coverage too!! I was not expecting to be able to put the whole postcode in either so that was another bonus!! Very impressed with the auto antiglare internal mirror and the photochromatic(?) wing mirrors made things easy on the eyes too. FA was dead right, the colour (Arctic Pearl) looks sensational at night. Stopped at a m-way services where an Audi driver came over to admire it. Found the motorised headlights a bit weird at first but after a couple of bends, and especially later on some deepest Dorset twisty country roads, found them to be very effective.

Someone was asking about how to remove the disc to read what type it was..... I'm guessing you don't need to do that if you can find the relevant bit I stumbled across by mistake. Bluetoothed my ancient mobile too, and that all worked a trat too.

Piccies up soon.

Thanks Geoff. Yes there are a lot of buttons to master!!

The sat nav was brilliant. Whilst putting my postcode in I discovered ( I think) it has 2010 version DVD and Western Europe coverage too!! I was not expecting to be able to put the whole postcode in either so that was another bonus!! Very impressed with the auto antiglare internal mirror and the photochromatic(?) wing mirrors made things easy on the eyes too. FA was dead right, the colour (Arctic Pearl) looks sensational at night. Stopped at a m-way services where an Audi driver came over to admire it. Found the motorised headlights a bit weird at first but after a couple of bends, and especially later on some deepest Dorset twisty country roads, found them to be very effective.

Someone was asking about how to remove the disc to read what type it was..... I'm guessing you don't need to do that if you can find the relevant bit I stumbled across by mistake. Bluetoothed my ancient mobile too, and that all worked a trat too.

Piccies up soon.

I am assuming by disc you mean the sat nav disc? Your version is stored on a hard disc drive which is updated via a USB slot behind the clock in the centre console, so there is no disc.

Yes I was. Did not realise there was no disc!! Not sure what info I read then when I was scanning around various menus before leaving for home, Thank you for the 'Heads up' I did not know that. I did notice there are 2 little holes, about 3mm dia each side of the facia below the screen and to the edge where the hazard switch is located. This I assumed is where the, (I thought) DVD was located. My car is a late Jan 2010 on a 59 plate.

Another thing for reading and investigation within the the really quite large, and therefore comprehensive, manuals.

Cripes there is a lot to learn!!

Normski

Thanks FA you were quite right. Spoke to my local Lexus at the ever helpful Poole branch. They confirmed I do have a HDD for the Sat Nav. Sounds like those little holes are accessed to do updates to the HDD via a USB drive at about £170 a version. My version is 2009-10 version 1. Works a treat so far from what I have seen.

Never was a Dad so keen to go and pick up his son from the airport as me tonight!! Any excuse to go for a drive. :)

Normski

Have to agree with you there. It was an excellent deal.

Improving my driving technique as I go. Just done a 70 mile round trip on the m-way and averaging 38.6 mpg. More than happy if I can maintain that figure!!

Have to agree with you there. It was an excellent deal.

Improving my driving technique as I go. Just done a 70 mile round trip on the m-way and averaging 38.6 mpg. More than happy if I can maintain that figure!!

Shouldn't be a problem to maintain that figure. I haven't managed to get up to 40mpg yet but then I haven't been that careful :shifty: Who needs the IS220/200!

Ouch! Two pronged attack there. Nice copper/nasty copper.

38mpg from the is 250 I'm very pleased with.

I got 54 mpg from the 220D on a run!! Just such a shame for Lexus that they f*****d up so badly (sorry mods but if you had one as I have you would understand) in so much of the 220D. The torque was great, the seats were fab(just the standard sport seat) it went like billy-o, and it was really very quiet on the m way. Hand on heart it was little different from the 250 on the m way run. The gear box I had mastered, but 6th gear was a total waste.

Both of them boot the 200 totally out of the window.

Having defended the 220D I have to say I am totally loving the 250 SEL MM. So much to enjoy :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links