Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Braking Concerns

gt1947

As a former Prius owner I was very familiar with the braking issues which were corrected with a software fix.

I have had my ct200 for 14 months an have recently become aware of a similar issue in that the braking seems to flutter occasionally when braking sharply on a downhill gradient. Today it happened immediately after going over a bump in the road.

To me it seems very similar to how the Prius used to feel.

Has anybody else noticed this?

If it continues to happen, I will take it in for a check, but I recall taking my Prius back and being told there was nothing wrong, and it was some months before Toyota accepted that there was a problem.

Would a slightly low tyre pressure on one tyre cause the ABS to think there was a skid situation when the brakes were applied? There would be a slight difference in wheel rpm due to slightly different rolling circumferences of the wheels. Might this be enough for the ABS to kick in?

I had a Gen3 Prius and I believe the whole problem was overhyped because so few people were aware of ABS action and because Toyota were having different PR problems in USA. A slight difference in braking requirement to one or more wheel when a different road surface is crossed causes a momentary activation of ABS. So what? It's what the car is designed to do, though I would rather it re-acted accurately. Because I have experienced it in my CT I will suggest, when the car is serviced, that it is checked. If it can't be adjusted, I'm happy that ABS cuts in sooner rather than too late.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links