Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Daytime Running Lights

hello all my first post

i have recentley purchased a 2004 lexus rx 300, does anyone know how to acitivate the daytime running light setting as i have seen that canadian cars of the same age have daytime running lights as standard.

thanks in advance hezzys1964

• Like 1

Wicked, I have seen that done on an IS, it was a US spec one though. But I am sure there is a module you can buy that reduces the voltage of the main beam to act as DRL. Just like a lot of the new VWs have, the Golfs without LED DRLs use this, so do some earlier Audi S8s I think.

I want DRLs but I won't stick some cheap dull strip of LEDs on my headlights.

Why not just put some brighter side light bulbs in? Like these SMD's - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-SUPER-W5W-T10-501-5-SMD-HID-LED-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-INTERIOR-/130693982695?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6df7e9e7

Or if on an IS (I don't know about RX, but I guess there's a kit for it?) split the headlights, fit a pair of halo rings and wire in place of the side lights - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-CCFL-ANGEL-EYES-8000K-BEST-IN-WORLD-/170843575028?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c71212f4

Those LEDS burn out quickly when the regular headlights are on, I have tried them a couple of times and they get too hot. I have a set of blue bulbs as sidelights now and they work fine. They are not bright enough to act as DRL, infact you can hardly see the light in the daytime. Angel eyes are a bit BMWish so I am not doing that.

I'm sure it should be possible, I will let you know how I get on Rich. From what I can see there is supposed to be some module near the Battery bay that connects to the lighting, so when I am off this shift I will check to see if the european model has this.

Way I see it, if it's bright enough that you can't see regular sidelight bulbs, then it's bright enough to see the actual car; which completely negates the need for DRL's.

And we've all got automatic light sensors anyway, so when it get's dark enough to need lights on, they come on all by themselves...

• 8 months later...

true. i sometimes drive with my headlights on (RX400h 07 reg) just to be more visible, but i often wonder if its really needed except when weather is bad or in tunnels..

i guess RX 450's have running lights.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...