Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Think I'm Gonna Have To Sell My Is300 :-( :-( :-(

Well, the wife has been talking to me about getting a bigger car for the family. And to a point, she's right. It can be a struggle to get everything in just for a weekend away visiting family.

It's a shame because I absolutely love this car. I cannot fault one thing with it, and I've spent some good money getting her looking nice which I know I won't recoup. I'm not too bothered about that, just gutted she's gotta go :-(

Do any of you guys have an idea how much I should put her up for?

I've got some pics in my gallery. The bodywork is really good - i must have machine polished her more times than ive driven her! 107k, 2003, cambelt done at 67k in 2009. 12 Lexus service stamps. MOT march, tax end oct, pretty standard accept a cat back exhaust (3 months old). Wheels just refurbed (3/4 months ago. LED sidelights Etc etc.....

Any help would be really appreciated guys....

I can't believe your contemplating this??

Nobody would make me sell my Lexus. Tell her if she wants a bigger car then go buy one!! Lol..... Put the lex in the garage and just bring it out on special occasions! :)

Seriously tho, I'd put it up for £3 - £3.5k and see what interest you get. That's the price good ones seem to be going for on Autotrader etc.

Good luck :)

seriously!! has the wife really sat in a GS or opened the boot to have a look?? the car will have enough space for a weekend away unless you move the whole house contents with you when you going for weekends away ... GS300 plus a roof box is your best friend ;)

Hey friend dont do it you will regret it, i had a brand new evo8 then bought a brand new evo x mr and sold them cause my family got bigger and bought a montero sports for all the family and then i bought my lexus but i still regret that i sold my evos the evo8rs had 500bhp i should have left them in the garage the diference here is that my wife told me not to sell my cars i was the hard head that didnt listen to her now iam saving up to buy another evo and have it only for weekends but i love the lexus for daily driving i wont sell it.

Which one of u two wears the trousers? ;-) lol. Seriously tho u want a bigger car for its practicality which is fair enough but why does it seem like u have no say in the car itself? Shouldnt there be some sort of compromise? Who actually does most of the driving? If its u shudnt u have more say as to what it looks like? Good luck whatever u decide to do tho :-)

You can snap up an AUDI A6 Avant 2.5 TDI (2000 SE model) for around the 1000 pound mark or less.

Or go for a Vauxhall Zafira 7 seater (2000 model) same price range as above...

Keep the IS300 as your spare car for when ever you want to enjoy high end luxury...

Because by the looks of it you have kept your IS in A-condition and you'll never see that money back!

same thing happened here, instead of get rid of my IS300 I got a Honda Stream 60k for 1500. It now serve

the supermarket run (door ding) and cental London parking (Scraps) and I keep the IS300 for the

weekend enjoyment. I recently did a few airport run with 5 onboard, the Honda managed to fit 8 full size

suitcases, Amazing, the IS300 would be lucky to fit 2, but then why would I because I might scratch

the interior of the lexus.

I can't believe your contemplating this??

Nobody would make me sell my Lexus. Tell her if she wants a bigger car then go buy one!! Lol..... Put the lex in the garage and just bring it out on special occasions! :)

Seriously tho, I'd put it up for £3 - £3.5k and see what interest you get. That's the price good ones seem to be going for on Autotrader etc.

Good luck :)

Don't you think £3-3.5k is a bit much?

there are worser ones on autotrader going for that price and yours is in good condition so 3.5 - 4 k should be reasonable. couple of guys on here are looking for IS300's so worth offering it to them first before putting it on the market.

No offence to Martin, because I haven't seen his car, but here's a 54k IS300 LE (2005) for under £4k - http://www.autotrade.../1500?logcode=p

2004, 89k, IS300 LE for £3900 - http://www.autotrade.../1500?logcode=p

Or £3250 for a 59k 2002 - http://www.autotrade.../1500?logcode=p

Well, the wife has been talking to me about getting a bigger car for the family. And to a point, she's right. It can be a struggle to get everything in just for a weekend away visiting family.

How big is your family? Unless you have prams, pushchairs, carrycots etc. to put in to go away for a weekend the boot should be ample (400 litres). My GS430 has 515 litres apparently and it is ample size. Best thing would be to persuade her to take less when you visit family.

2 kids. One of which is 10 months old so a pushchair, travel cot etc is precisely what I take away lol. It's a squeeze. Thought about a Zafira, common as muck i know but they really are good at what they do. Although I'd really like a Nissan navara because I carry quite a few dirty bits of kit for work etc and it's easy to chuck the bikes on etc