Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300/harrier - Support In Australia?

Any Aussie owners of RX300s/ Harriers out there?

We are heading home after a stint in Singapore and have approval to import our 3.0 G (4wd) Harrier under the personal import scheme. I keep seeing Harriers on the roads in Sydney but who looks after them for maintainence (I hear Lexus WILL support them) and what about insurance?... & anything else for that matter..

Is it a good idea - or am I asking for trouble? Its a good car and we would be sorry to see it go.

Any Aussie owners of RX300s/ Harriers out there?

We are heading home after a stint in Singapore and have approval to import our 3.0 G (4wd) Harrier under the personal import scheme. I keep seeing Harriers on the roads in Sydney but who looks after them for maintainence (I hear Lexus WILL support them) and what about insurance?... & anything else for that matter..

Is it a good idea - or am I asking for trouble? Its a good car and we would be sorry to see it go.

I have recently purchased a 1998 Harrier and I am very happy with it. I had to ring around a bit for insurance and had settled with Torque Underwriting on 1300369769.

Maintainence - not sure but I believe you can get services done.

If you have a gps - it won't work, you will have to get a new one installed but you can use the existing screen. It will cost $$$. I've just had mine converted for PAL TV and GPS.

Thanks for the feedback folks,

Anyone else out there with info on running one of these in Australia?

Was hoping members like OzAristoV300 who have RX's in Australia already might have a say?

Maurice - thanks for your post. Lexus of Chatswood have confirmed in writing that they will be happy to service the Harrier so I should be ok. Is your insurance expensive? Were you able to get quotes from a number of providers?

Curious about your comments on the SatNav. I met a guy in West Pennant Hills who was selling his 99 RX (white with spoilers etc - wanted 64K AUD - a bit high?) he had converted his Japanese Satnav over - apart from the Japanese menus it was able to display all the terristrial TV stations plus vdo satnav maps.

Our Harrier didn't come with S/N and from what I have read on this board I hear you can't retro fit anything to the existing screen - we would have to buy a add-on which is dissapointing as I would prefer an indash fit. Your experience would be appreciated - who did you get to fit yours?

I spoke also to Lexus about the market values of the imports - they suggested not to pay any more than 45K for a 2001-2002 and less for older models - whats your experience? I do see them in the paper every other week with pirces ranging from 45-65.

By the way we looked at the new RX which looks great on the outside - but have to say am not a fan of the new 60's style dials on the dash and the wife and I swear the interior looks smaller than the model it supercedes. (..that should start a few posts..but please guys start a new string! I really need info on Oz Rx imports..)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the feedback folks,

Anyone else out there with info on running one of these in Australia?

Was hoping members like OzAristoV300 who have RX's in Australia already might have a say?

Maurice - thanks for your post. Lexus of Chatswood have confirmed in writing that they will be happy to service the Harrier so I should be ok. Is your insurance expensive? Were you able to get quotes from a number of providers?

Curious about your comments on the SatNav. I met a guy in West Pennant Hills who was selling his 99 RX (white with spoilers etc - wanted 64K AUD - a bit high?) he had converted his Japanese Satnav over - apart from the Japanese menus it was able to display all the terristrial TV stations plus vdo satnav maps.

Our Harrier didn't come with S/N and from what I have read on this board I hear you can't retro fit anything to the existing screen - we would have to buy a add-on which is dissapointing as I would prefer an indash fit. Your experience would be appreciated - who did you get to fit yours?

I spoke also to Lexus about the market values of the imports - they suggested not to pay any more than 45K for a 2001-2002 and less for older models - whats your experience? I do see them in the paper every other week with pirces ranging from 45-65.

By the way we looked at the new RX which looks great on the outside - but have to say am not a fan of the new 60's style dials on the dash and the wife and I swear the interior looks smaller than the model it supercedes. (..that should start a few posts..but please guys start a new string! I really need info on Oz Rx imports..)

i was talking to a friend the other day and he said you can dismantle this thing in the car for the sat nav. Then take it to an audio shop and they'll be able to make the original sat nav read english.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links