Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Pics Of Your Lexus

That's stunning splinter that's the look I want the one I'm gonna buy to have. What year miles etc on it

Thanks, it's a 2003, with about 48k on it. Only had 28k on the clock when I bought it in 2010!

If that's the look you want you'll need deep pockets or a huge amount of luck (I had the latter) as the bumper is very rare, I've only seen 2 for sale since I've owned my car. Or you can buy one from Toyota for £1200 :msn-oh:

But the side skirts and wheels aren't too expensive or hard to find luckily.

I see you live in Antrim? There are a lot of Toyota Altezza owners over there, it's basically exactly the same car except the interior isn't as plush, but you get an extra 50hp from the engine. And if you look carefully you might find one that has the same front bumper already fitted, as it's more common for the Japanese version to have them.

My standard looking Sport;

166hvgm.png

155j9u8.png

Still deliberating over doing any styling mods - I was bidding on a TTE front bumper, in the right colour, but the seller cancelled the listing (probably had a decent BIN offer), or I might just leave it stock, and if I find a 300 I like, switch up to that

My standard looking Sport;

Still deliberating over doing any styling mods - I was bidding on a TTE front bumper, in the right colour, but the seller cancelled the listing (probably had a decent BIN offer), or I might just leave it stock, and if I find a 300 I like, switch up to that

if you TTE your IS200 you will always long for that JZ conversion!! hold off for an IS3 which has the Supra JZ block and sport VVT-i cams from factory and TTE that instead! will put a smile on your face even in stock form :driving: .. and if you have a spare £5k you can do the boost!! havent been modding my cars lately but think am gona do some slight mods currently got Apexi high flow panel filter on order from US which might release another 5 bhp with help of MAF sensor cleaning and ECU reset! might also do red brake caliper painting, darken(tint) my back windows and convert my back number plate lights and interior lights to hid one's! happy with exhaust system so wont tamper with that... gosh thought i was done with modding but Lexus is slowly tempting me back into it again! ....hope i dont start looking for sport suspensions and coilovers once it gets back into my blood stream...

That boot mod does look the dogs doo dahs but doesnt all the water that collects on there when its rained go straight into the boot when you open it? also would you mind sticking a few pics up of the hinge on your bootlid? would be good to see how you did it.

Here's some of mine. One of the rarer ISs on the roads the elusive 300 Limited Edition..... Mainly standard except for the switching around of the seat heater and traction control buttons, lighting mods, aerial (not shown in the pics) and air filter.

5216342950_59802d80d7_b.jpg

5215751103_26bb7c9f63_b.jpg

5215753825_e0549bba3f_b.jpg

5215755711_00b8ebac4e_b.jpg

5216344724_975c545a92_b.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

nice LE dave, I'm lookig to swap my interior and number plate lights to hids just like yours is it a straight forward unscrew the light casing remove old bulbs and fit new ones or would it involve more than that?? and which HID bulbs you using and are they reliable or do you have to be replacing them regularly? droped in my Apexi high flow panel filter this morning but havent had the chance to explorer the cars responsiveness and mpg reading yet as i need to clean MAF and reset ECU.

nice LE dave, I'm lookig to swap my interior and number plate lights to hids just like yours is it a straight forward unscrew the light casing remove old bulbs and fit new ones or would it involve more than that?? and which HID bulbs you using and are they reliable or do you have to be replacing them regularly? droped in my Apexi high flow panel filter this morning but havent had the change to explorer the cars responsiveness and mpg reading yet as i need to clean MAF and reset ECU.

Thanks John.

All IS300 came with factory fit HIDs/xenons, (along with the IS200 version of the ltd ed), so can't help you there. I know there is also a cover under the bulb to alter the beam pattern to cut dazzle. Basically if you look at the headlights head on when they are switched on the bottom third or so of the reflector is in darkness. You can see what I mean in the third pic.

I replaced the sidelights with LEDs along with all the interior and boot lights. The sidelights are 9LED 501 bulbs, The map and boot lights are 12LED panels, The main interior light is a 24LED panel and the visor lights are 3LED bulbs. I also replaced the front and rear indicators with silvervision bulbs.

I can pop up some pics of the headlight bulb cover and the LED panels if you want them. :)

Cheers

Dave.

Cheers Dave yes my 300's headlight is also HID/Xenons as you can see in my night view pics i posted earlier in the thread. was on about the map and main interior lights and number plate lights. side lights i will leave as it is.

care to post an eBay link of where you got these lights? and how long do they roughly last?