Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brand New Is250 Advance Door Locks

Had car 1 month and due first trip to dealers. Car won't lock with either fobs or door buttons had to resort to the caveman key. Lexus care sent AA who hadn't got a clue. Have I made a mistake following heart and not head. Audi ? BMW? Merc?

This may be due to radio frequency interference which wrecks the commincation between the fobs/door handle and the locking/alarm mechanism. Its an infrequent but common problem (if this makes sense!) and if you search the forum you'll learn more.

The first time it happened to me I rang the Lexus RAC (at the time) centre and they told me exactly what to do, so its a bit disappointing the AA man wasn't aware of it.

I think it can be things like routers that cause the problem, in 5 years of ownership it has only happened a couple of times, but I did read on hear about a chap who was affected on his drive at home, which is less than ideal!

As far as your choice of vehicle is concerned I think you've made a good choice.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Thanks for reply I too encountered this problem about 4 years ago on a previous less prestigious motor. It just seems strange that it has been parked on my drive in the same place for a month no problem and last night the problem started. The AA guy had a gadget to check for RF interference to no avail. It's now at the dealers so fingers crossed that will iron the glitch out. Still gutting though.

I had similar on my GS430 a while back. Checked by parking down road a little and it worked. After puzzling for a while it transpired that it was my wireless front doorbell. I had turned it off when I went out because it was sticking and someone had tried to ring it and it stuck in again. It took a while to discover as I didn't really think about the bell as it was turned off at the wall socket switch.

Hey all thanks for the replies my wireless router for Internet is faulty and causing RF interference at home. Lexus care are that good after identifying the problem which isn't really a Lexus problem they changed both keys and RF transponder unit in car to stop happening in future should router pack in again. Well done Lexus

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links