Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having never owned a Lexus before, I recently looked at the LS 430. Last weekend, I went on a test drive in a GS 300 with NAV and I am quite impressed, but think I'd prefer the LS 430. The questions I have about the parking sensor is does it only come on once the car has been placed in reverse? If so, what about a head in parking where the car is not placed in reverse? Is the Parking Sensor Graphic in the same location as the GPS and Radio? And, probably my main question, is the graphic like the one displayed at Parking-Sensor.co.uk. I hope that is for education purposes only. What does it really look like?

Thank you,

Randy

I have a 2003 LS430. There is a switch on the left side of the dashboard to turn it off or on. When it is on, it works all of the time: forward, reverse, or even when someone walks closely next to the car!

There is a switch on the left side of the dashboard to turn it off or on. When it is on, it works all of the time: forward, reverse, or even when someone walks closely next to the car!

Thank you, hmorse, that is helpful.

The reason for my interest in the display is for the information it might offer, such as the distance from the object. I have very limited space (front to back) in my garage and if the display indicated when I was 7 inches from the cabinents, the garage door won't hit the rear bumper on its way down. Seven inches would give ample room to pass in front of the car to the other side.

Thank you again!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a setting in one of the menus to change the distance that each bleep sounds, so you can tell the parking display to sound the final, solid beep at a variety of distances.

Hope this answers your question!

All the best

Paul

There is a setting in one of the menus to change the distance that each bleep sounds, so you can tell the parking display to sound the final, solid beep at a variety of distances.

Hope this answers your question!

Yes it does, Paul. Thank you for your reply!

Randy