Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electronics Problem, Can Anyone Suggest A Way Forward?

Hi all,

I posted a while back on an error code, which turned out to be the neutral switch on the auto gearbox (IS300 S/C), this turned into an electronics problem, and I tracked it down to probable water ingress. This resulted in me checking the sunroof drainage, footwells, drivers side footwell fusebox, and wells...all for moisture ingress....nothing found, no damp, no smells. Well it seems that after heavyish rain (car standing still) when you get in and start up/ drive off you get a (very pretty) display of about 4 different lights flashing on the dash display...'.cruise' and suchlike....it then often goes off after a mile or two and comes back later.

Anyone any more ideas/experience about water problems on the IS ( I have this awful feeling that the dashboard might have to be taken out to check behind) and it seems to be one of those problems that, when you leave it at the garage, there's not a problem to be seen......

If i do book it in I can't decide if a dealer would be better than an electronics expert ?

Just to round this off...good news (and bad!).It rained all day yesterday and so this morning I looked again at all the possibles, no light show(typical) but checked everywhere...all dry until I happened to look at the inside of the plastic cover to the electrics on the passenger footwell side....oh joy! water droplets and a damp bit of carpet. looks like a screen leak then, so I'm off to search the forum for answers or if no joy post on the main IS page...Thanks for looking!!

If it's on the passenger side try looking around the pollen filter area, leaves etc around the air intakes can block the drains and water can overflow into the pollen filter then out of there into the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Looks like i can close this off....simulated rain on the passenger side of the screen showed a drip of water off the scuttle onto the large bulkhead grommet behind the Battery...water was tracking in via an accessory wire that was put through before I purchased the car (over 5 years ago!), so I have whipped the wire out and screened the grommet (temporary) with duck tape and since then all OK......happy bunny again!!

Cheers!.......Yep, I was nearly ready to get a new screen !.......an hour upside down in the footwell well spent, and it kept the neighbours amused!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links