Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Non Genuine Brakes

KayCee

Hi all

Ive have just had my GS300 55 plate serviced at Sheffield the report was good but..........

they said the discs and pads were non genuine whilst the fronts was reasonably ok ( they said run it till pads have worn) then you will need new discs and pads but the corrosion was bad on the rears.

He went on to say you will have to change the rears pretty soon they were Ferodo these must have been put on by previous owner. Cost would be 245 rears and 220 fronts. Is this a reasonable cost or is there good replacements whilst i would like to go genine that seems expensive to me, can anyone help

Robert

Have you had a look yourself at the disc condition through the wheels? Is there a lip on the outer edge?

Lexus don't actually make discs and pads they are made by a 3rd party.

Have a google for some quality replacements, as far as I am aware Ferrodo and Mintex are both reputable makes.

If the prices you were quoted from Lexus include fitting and VAT then I don't think thats too bad.

Pagid parts work out around £250 inclusive of VAT but obviously would not be fitted. Have a look herehttp://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/brake%20pads/p/home

Thanks for that

Yes the rears do look a bit rusty and the fronts have a lip on the outside edge, and when i first reverse my car out of my drive on first start up it is very noisy and scrapy sound from the drivers side front. It pulls up ok and the sound goes soon as i set off , when i had the car serviced at Sheffield i told them of my concern and the stripped oSF and said the disc was below spec for thickness and they had Ferodo Discs and pads in, but run them till pads want changing as they were only half worn (the Pads) but the rears wouldnt last too much longer as they were corroded.

Robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links