Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Require Vsc Off Light Reminder.

bobjol

About 18 months ago I used my OBD reader, to trace an o2 fault and set off the vsc and vsc off warning lights on dash. Seems a common occurrence with some code readers. Found some good info online about resetting lights using a paper clip and bridging two terminals on diagnostic socket under the dash.

This worked first time and problem went away.

Had another o2 code recently and as expected the vsc warning lights came back on.

My problem is that I have lost my written instructions on clearing the lights and cannot remember the procedure. I vaguely remember terminals 5 and 10 but cant be certain, and the rest of the procedure has gone in the mist of time. Can anyone post the full instructions for me, please.

Many thanks.

Hi Ray,

Many thanks for prompt reply. Only a few of the sockets on my diagnostic plug have live terminals and 12 is not one of them.

However this prompted me to try bridging 4 and 14 and it worked. The VSC off and VSC warning lights are now off.

As mentioned before, I have tried this method in the past and it always works for my model ( GS430 on a 04 plate ) but had forgotten the terminal numbers to bridge. Now noted in my code reader case.

Once again thanks.

B.

I bridge the terminals with the ignition off, and then switch on the ignition. Don`t start the engine. It only needs a few seconds with ign on. Then switch off and remove the bridge.

This method has worked for me in the past and the problem lights only come on after I have used my code reader to diagnose some other faults like o2 sensors. Online research shows that many code readers will trigger these lights when in fact the traction control is not the problem.

I am no expert in this solution and spent a lot of late nights researching this online and was very wary of bridging terminals with a paper clip in case I started blowing fuses or relays. The diagnostic plug on your 98 model may be wired differently from mine and out of 16 terminals, I think only about 7 or 8 are live on mine. Its not easy lying on your back in the footwell !!

Take care and maybe do a bit of research on your model before attempting the job.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a 2001 GS 300, and both my VSC off and on lights have recently come on, following my request to the garage to check and erase the MIL fault code. The fault code was as previously - P0430, which I have had for the past two years since the car has been converted on LPG. Last week at 122k, the head gasket went - oouch :megaangry: .

After the garage had erased the fault code and as soon as I drove off, both VSC lights have illuminated. I have been informed the VSC lights can be rest by shorting 2 pins in the OBD connector. Could someone please supply this information,

Many Thanks

Rishi

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links