Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It looks a good buy to me. Like the colour and the interior. If it's as clean as it looks in the photos I think you have a winner.

Still worth a try to negociate on the price.

No indication of the service history, but with some months left on the warranty it should be FLSH.

Worth checking with the retailer though.

Nice looking motor. Couldn't see all details, maybe ii'm not looking in the right area!

Excellent interior colour, helps keep it light and airy. The dark variants can be a bit dour for my taste. Looks like cadoxton slate paintwork. Sat nav is a good thing to have.

Just one note of caution. Please check this with Lexus themselves. I believe you are right on the verge of the 60,000 mile service. Think they call that the 'big one', think I was told it can be around £800. Do check it out!!

The last thing you want is an unexpected bill when you've just got her!

The servicing shouldn't be too bad on these due to them not having a cam belt to change. I suppose its coolant, brake fluid change and a full engine service? As my 2001 IS 200 was a company car I never had the pain of actually handing over my credit card for the services so paying for a major service could be painful! Would it be worth extending the Lexus warranty? All the write ups suggest that provided you don't neglect the 250 it will give many years of reliable service as this is a long term buy for me.

Nice looking motor. Couldn't see all details, maybe ii'm not looking in the right area!

Excellent interior colour, helps keep it light and airy. The dark variants can be a bit dour for my taste. Looks like cadoxton slate paintwork. Sat nav is a good thing to have.

Just one note of caution. Please check this with Lexus themselves. I believe you are right on the verge of the 60,000 mile service. Think they call that the 'big one', think I was told it can be around £800. Do check it out!!

The last thing you want is an unexpected bill when you've just got her!

You are right normski, 60,000 is a major and about £600.

Although I don't relly know where the cost comes from, oil change and filter, transmission oil change, coolant change, brake fluid changer. New sprk plugs, apparently inlet manifold has to come off for access & air and cabin filters.

That's it. Surprisingly, sparks ony get changed every 60k.

From what I can see on the pics, I would guess not. Depends on options taken by first buyer.

Two I looked at both had the ML stereo. It's nice if its on there but it's not a deal breaker. I do like mine a lot now I have grown more accustomed to it. But, I had just the 'plain' 8 spkr set up my 220d and I thought was very good indeed.

I took it out for a test drive on saturday, what a lovely motor. I managed to negotiate the price of the 60k service ( £512 at Lexus Bristol) with the salesman. So next saturday I will be the proud owner of a 2.5 year old SE-l auto, one owner full main dealer service history Lexus 250 for 13k. Result!

I took it out for a test drive on saturday, what a lovely motor. I managed to negotiate the price of the 60k service ( £512 at Lexus Bristol) with the salesman. So next saturday I will be the proud owner of a 2.5 year old SE-l auto, one owner full main dealer service history Lexus 250 for 13k. Result!

Who was the salesman that looked after you?

The salesman was Robin at Harwell Jaguar. The IS250 had been a p/x for a new Jag. I know the car was in to Lexus Bristol today for the 60k service which is slightly early as the car has only done 57k but it's saved me £500 but I bet Harwells didn't pay that much. I didn't realise that the Lexus warranty expires at 60k which was a bit of a suprise, I may well go for an extended warranty if it looks good value?

The salesman was Robin at Harwell Jaguar. The IS250 had been a p/x for a new Jag. I know the car was in to Lexus Bristol today for the 60k service which is slightly early as the car has only done 57k but it's saved me £500 but I bet Harwells didn't pay that much. I didn't realise that the Lexus warranty expires at 60k which was a bit of a suprise, I may well go for an extended warranty if it looks good value?

Sorry Fishboy, I mistakenly thought that you purchased the car from Lexus Bristol, which is where I bought my first 220d from, that is why I wondered who the salesman was.

The extended warranty for the IS range is £760,00 for 12months or £1335.00 for 24 months, a slight saving if you by the 2 year jobby.

if you are planning to keep the car consider the 2 year warranty as the 1 year price allways goes up when you buy the 2nd and it is payable monthly interest free direct debit.

Enjoy the new motor ( probably didnt need me to tell you that doh! )

Just checked on the warranty direct website, 12 months for £455, it doesn't mention an excess on the policy, but I'm sure there must be? I have used them many years ago with a Ford and I was up in profit compared to them after the alarm went.

Picked my IS 250SE-I tonight and have spent most of the evening trying to take the manual in :eerrrmm: ???

So much to learn compared to my old IS 200SE but what a lovely car, a real step forward, effortless driving with the auto box and such a solid feel with the build.

Lexus really are one of the best kept secrets in motoring, thank goodness I never ended up buying a three series, how ever do you find yours in a car park?

Picked my IS 250SE-I tonight and have spent most of the evening trying to take the manual in :eerrrmm: ???

So much to learn compared to my old IS 200SE but what a lovely car, a real step forward, effortless driving with the auto box and such a solid feel with the build.

Lexus really are one of the best kept secrets in motoring, thank goodness I never ended up buying a three series, how ever do you find yours in a car park?

Enjoy your car Fishboy. As you say, it really is a super car. I get so much pleasure from just getting in it and driving to B & Q!

I've only had mine for a month so still getting into the manual/s You're right when you say there is so much to learn, I have to read some of it over and over for it to sink in, particularly the SatNav and the radio but, I am getting there..............slowly

if a warranty direct warranty is £455 you'd be better off getting the lexus 2 year one as it includes comprehensive AA cover for yourself and one other too which makes it cheaper for more cover?