Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

120 Amp Fuse

It's been a long week with the lexarse!

Replaced the alternator on Saturday, was running fine still needed a wee jump start though because the Battery was goosed, went for my usual jump start to get home from work on Monday night and some idiot had the jump leads on the wrong way and car totally died a death, windows werent working, no back lights, no dash!!

Gets it home.....................changes the Battery, starts properly now, still no dash etc, found last night that my 120 amp fuse has melted o_O, guessing from the jump leads being on wrong.

Question is.....................where do I get one of these fuses asap, I work with the council mechanics and none of the workshops keep a stock of these fuses, and our local parts place, Dingbro's, have no idea what i'm talking about.

Any help muchly appreciated =)

ta guys <3

Had the same happen to me on my is200 about 8 years ago. Bloody irritating.

You will have to get the fuse from Lexus. Think it was about £15 or so.

It is a fiddly little toad to fit too! Study carefullly how the old one is fitted. You will need the fingers of a small child to get in there!!

Stay calm and don't lose your rag!!

If it is the same as the LS400 the fuse is not just a pull out/push in job, the fusebox has to be removed as the fuse is bolted in place from underneath.

Please don't forget to disconnect the Battery before commencing the job!

Toyota/Lexus part number is 90982-08274 120A Terminal Male

They should be in stock or next day availablity.

Lexus Edinburgh 0131 335 6543

Quite so, it is bolted through from the tab on the underside.

I know I did mine with the fuse box in place..... dad had many spanners and tools from the aircraft industry he worked in!!

Thanks guys, been on the phone to auto factors most of the day, Lexus can't get me the part until Saturday and want £18 +VAT, little motor factors just along from my work, sweet old man, has managed to source me the exact part which can be here tomorrow for £6, fuse box is already out the car just waiting for the new fuse to be fitted =)

I've got little danty hands anyway so i'm sure i'll be fine!

Thanks for the help <3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links