Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Service Schedule And Warranty

Having just purchased my IS250, which was first registered in May 2006, I decided to continue with the Service Plan that I had in place for my 220d and I therefore had it transferred across to the 250.

On looking at the service history it has been serviced regularly by Plymouth Lexus on an annual basis and at more or less the 10000 mile intervals too, so no problems there.

The car was serviced at 50102 miles in May 2011 and at 57257 miles in March 2012, the last stamp in the book was at 57357 miles in September which is when I purchased it.

I have now received the paperwork detailing my new Service Plan and it is showing the first service as being due in September 2013 at 70000 miles and then in September 2014 at 80K and finally at 90K in September 2015

Now we come to my query. I have read numerous times on this forum that the 60K service is the 'biggy' and is quite expensive. Now I can't imagine that the previous owner would shell out for the said 'big service' some 3K miles before it was due, particularly if he had it in mind to change the car and, no mention was made to me by the dealership that I would have to have the 60K service done when it fell due, so it would appear that mine isn't going to get that particular service which will then become well overdue when I have the 70K service done in 12 months time. I am just wondering on the likelihood of Lexus being 'finnicky' over this lack of a 60k service, even though they have issued the service plan starting at 70K.

Now to my second query. Has anyone got any experience of taking out a Lexus Warranty for their vehicle when it is over 7 years old. The warranty I got when I purchased the car will expire when the car is 7years and 5months old. All of the paperwork that I have relating to the Lexus Extended Warranties refers always to the car needing to be LESS THAN 7 yeras old.

Having explored the market for other warranty providers I know that they are available but, if possible I would like to stick with the Lexus product.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

60,000 is a biggie... so I was told.

Maybe it was done at 57,000 under a service deal already in place? After all it is only 3000 miles ahead?

Lexus Plymouth can tell you this... just phone them. They can access all records and detail for your car. The very helpful folk at Poole did exactly this for me

Maybe it was done at 57,000 under a service deal already in place? After all it is only 3000 miles ahead?

Lexus Plymouth can tell you this... just phone them. They can access all records and detail for your car. The very helpful folk at Poole did exactly this for me

This has been quite handy. Cars I have been looking at with full lexus service history, I have taken the time to ring lexus to double check.

Lexus are very happy to confirm the cars history if you have the registration.

However, for detailed service history you need to ring the actual Lexus garage that carried out the service. They can then tell you exactly what service was carried out and what actual work was done in that service.

Carl

This has been quite handy. Cars I have been looking at with full lexus service history, I have taken the time to ring lexus to double check.

Lexus are very happy to confirm the cars history if you have the registration.

However, for detailed service history you need to ring the actual Lexus garage that carried out the service. They can then tell you exactly what service was carried out and what actual work was done in that service.

Carl

OK folks, thank you, I will give Plymouth a call and get it confirmed as to exactly what was done. On previous cars that I have owned I always kept each MOT Certificate and each service invoice which showed exactly what work was carried out, I then passed this on to whoever bought my car.

With the lexus warranty the wording is under 7years old when the warranty is taken out.

Hi jason61c, If that is the case I presume that I am correct in thinking that if I take out a 12 month warranty before the cars 7th birthday, then I can be covered until the car reaches its 8th birthday. The warranty that I have in place at the moment expires on September 14th 2013 at which point the car will be 7 years and 7months old. Do you know if it is possible to take out a 12 month warranty before the car is 7 years old but to have it start on September 15th 2013?

Its down to when the warranties were taken out etc. I bought my 2006 car in Aug, basically if I wanted over the standard years warranty I had to take the extra year then. They wouldn't let me put 2 years on top(giving 3 total). Its about as clear as mud! If you call them they should be able to point you in the right direction, its not clear to even the dealers though.

• 4 months later...

60k service is big... As in £606 big!

Just had it done, luckily they let me take out the service plan so that covered 60k and the following future 70k 80k service.

Glad the service plan exist, anyone who hasn't heard of it or considered it should think about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links