Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Wake up with a flat tyre this morning, can't find any obvious object (nails etc.) in it.

Does everyone goes back to the recommended Bridgestone 235 55 18? Where do you guys nornally get it from? My first quote from a local tyre shop is £205. Reasonable?

Thanks,

Seems expensive. I have Champiro tyres on my car. Not my choice: there were fitted by the previous owner. They seem to be a good compromise though, and much cheaper at around £115 each. Have you done a search on tyres... quite a few threads already exist I believe.

Hi,

Wake up with a flat tyre this morning, can't find any obvious object (nails etc.) in it.

Does everyone goes back to the recommended Bridgestone 235 55 18? Where do you guys nornally get it from? My first quote from a local tyre shop is £205. Reasonable?

Thanks,

Very expesnive for Bridgestone

If you were in the South I would recommend that you contact Micheldever Tyres. I cannot recommend them enough and I have being to them for the past 15 years.

They have just quoted me £178.22 for the Bridgestone tyres, and would recommend either them or the Dunlop for the RX, i.e. the ones originally fitted by Lexus. This price includes valves, balancing and fitting.

The ones I have, Champiros, are not as good from a quality perspective, but on the other hand are much cheaper at £135.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Is Continental road noise low? Heard about this in other forum.

My spare is a Dunlop at the moment. 2 rear tyres are still quite new, to have all 4 the same brand will have to go with Bridgestone. But is this necessary?

Yes. Any AWD vehicle should have all 4 tyres the same. In the same manner that a front wheel drive car should have the same two front tyres, or a rear wheel drive vehicle should have the same two rear tyres.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LOC Members,

I need your help as well.

Is it OK to fit Passenger tyres on the RX350? I never take it off road.

It is on 17", the manual says 225/60R17 99V.

Now I cannot find 4x4 tyre of this size but I've found Pirelli P7 Cinturato, which have good reviews, but they are Passenger car tyres.

On the other hand I've found Dunlops SP Sport 270, they are 4x4 tyres, not so good reviews, but my main concern is that they are H rated.

So two questions here:

1. Can I fit a passanger car tyre if it matches all parameters?

2. I lower speed rating going to affect anything (i.e. insurance)

Any help, advice would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Seb.

Hi LOC Members,

I need your help as well.

Is it OK to fit Passenger tyres on the RX350? I never take it off road.

It is on 17", the manual says 225/60R17 99V.

Now I cannot find 4x4 tyre of this size but I've found Pirelli P7 Cinturato, which have good reviews, but they are Passenger car tyres.

On the other hand I've found Dunlops SP Sport 270, they are 4x4 tyres, not so good reviews, but my main concern is that they are H rated.

So two questions here:

1. Can I fit a passanger car tyre if it matches all parameters?

2. I lower speed rating going to affect anything (i.e. insurance)

Any help, advice would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Seb.

Any a third time of posting? Suggest delete the duplicates.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links