Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Best Mods

Shigo

1. contact P & P Auto Services

2. buy DPF emulator (info by P&Pauto)

emulator don't work with any kind of chip-box, remove chip-box or will be new hp fuel pump needed.

3. remove DPF and all sensors attached

fit custom downpipe or empty DPF housing but don't forget to weld all sensors holes if you're gonna put empty/ free-flow DPF back.

4. remove 5th fuel injector line but leave 5th injector connector in place

you'll need the same thread screw on top of the fuel pump to block the 5th injector fuel line.

fuel line is attached on injector by plastic-click-mechanism, you will need just to unlock it with fingers.

5. bypass EGR valve

here are few topics about it but find ULISSE's one and only true topic with right way procedure.

block EGR hole on exhaust manifold, fit pipe-holding 25mm on cold-pipe, connect from that FMIC cold-pipe air into EGR

6. remove dual-cat (fit 2,3" / 60mm pipe)

cat doesn't have any purpose on diesel engines. why factory install them? google it.

7. rear silencer is free-flow only on high throttle (flap system) so you can decide what to do (different sound by few types)

I put Y-splitter and on both sides (L & R) free-flow silencers

car runs much much better and consumption is lower.

with those mods he passes the MOT eko-test.

sound on Iphone is recorded with high levels domination, IRL is little bit more lower sound noticed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkX0lFGHilc

eko-test.jpg

• Like 1

thats a nice looking IS... how much horses did you manange to free from all the mods?

tnx m8 but I have tendentially put blurry effect so my car and registration plate are not so obvious.. :)

haven't measure it yet but will asap and will put graph here.

I think its not huge improvement in power.. will see on RR measuring, but car drives much better, smoother, no smoke from dpf/5th injector, torque is brutal, lower fuel consumption, sounds good!

Hello Guys ;)

Cioao Ozren ;)

Here just to say that u made a nice work, i approve everything u said...just one thing:

i don't undertsand why DFP Emulator is not compatible with Chipbox; in my car i have both and they run very well together from many Km. the emulator works on differential pressure sensors, while Chipbox works in general on Rail pressure, completely different things...but yesss, if your emulator is such type that has a chipbox inside, which works also on rail pressure, naturally is true that u cannot pretend to add another chipbox.

2 ULISSE

yes, I put info about no chipbox installation because this DPF-emu is not compatibile with all boxex.. and my car runs better than one with box installed. (mybe my sport diff have advantage here but not so big..)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

the one and only prob i s that I cannot remember where I found that info so I could check for IS1250.

FSM is the same for IS220d and IS250 but I cannot find needed info.

I'm searching and will post here when find.

But as far as I know, every one who made exhaust mods on IS250 removed stock back boxes (rear silencers).

• 2 weeks later...

hay guys i have done this with my is220d, but one thing im not sure about is do i keep my presure sensor still connected with the emulator in place?

reason for asking is i still keep getting the P2002 code coming up :(,

if i do still have it connected, i have another problem i have lost the multi plug and there is no 1,2,3 numbers on the sensor so i dont know what one the 5v goes to, the signal or earth wire :(

please please help im banging my head against the wall now

1. unplug dpf pressure connector (1) under the bonnet

2. unplug dpf temp sensors connectors (2) attached on gearbox

3. get dpf off the car

4. remove anything inside

5. remove all sensors from it (clear the housing)

6. weld all holes on it (4: 2 temp, 2 pressure)

7. put back dpf housing on the car

8. cut the wires on the dpf connector side

9. small box (temp emu): 3x2 white wires

2x2 white wires @ temp sensors

1x2 white wire you can cut becasue you need only 2 temp sensors

10. DPF SENSOR (big box)

dpf black-red to black emulator

dpf blackwhite to green emulator

dpf black to red emulator

yellow emulator going to the rail sensor (6pins) just ad on to the lover middle signal pin

11. remove 5th injector

12. bypass egr

:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At last an interesting thread.... :phone:

I will install the DPF emulator over Christmas, I waited until I pass the NCT here in Ireland. That was done last Saturday and the car passed with not a single issue.

Another good mod is the sprint booster, I have one installed for almost a year and it helps alot with the turbo lag until the engine reaches the 1800-1900 rpm.

For the people that don't want to do a dual exhaust conversion I have test fitted a backbox from the old 2 litre petrol IS200 and it fits the IS220d like a glove. I'm planning to buy one of e-bay or a scrapyard and remove its guts and then fit it on the car. I believe that a high flow exhaust system will help the turbo spool faster to some degree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very interesting thread; looking forward to do the mods in the future.

@hotweels: did the sprint booster affect your mpg by much, with the same driving style? Thanks!

I have a speed buster tuning box installed as well and this has messed up my mpg readings. I don't care much about mpg but I want power....