Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Shocks & Front Disks

sohail579

Hey all I have a 2007 IS220d and have been told that my front disks need changing and rear passenger side shcok is slightly leaking so need to replace them.. i have been looking at MTEC brake discs can anyone recommend them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-24V-DRILLED-GROOVED-BRAKE-DISCS-FRONT-/290374274267?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3AIS|Cars+Type%3A220+d&hash=item439ba7ccdb

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS220d-GSE20-10-05-Front-Brake-Discs-Drilled-Grooved-Mtec-Black-Edition-/300659294172?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3AIS|Cars+Type%3A220+d&hash=item4600b0bfdc

I have no idea about the rear shocks can somone point me in the right direction? im guessing Lexus will charge a bomb for them??

Also i have a SE-L are the sport model shocks lower?

Thanks

The brake discs look a good buy. Bit pricey but I'd buy them.

As for your shocks just because it's leaking doesn't mean it's gone yet. I had 4 leaky shocks for 4 years, they still worked fine. Do the 'bounce test' on that corner of your car. Also you'll know when a shock is totally out on a Lexus. The ride will become quite bumpy and uncomfortable. A leaking shock absorber is a pass and advise on an MOT as well as long as its still working :)

The brake discs look a good buy. Bit pricey but I'd buy them.

As for your shocks just because it's leaking doesn't mean it's gone yet. I had 4 leaky shocks for 4 years, they still worked fine. Do the 'bounce test' on that corner of your car. Also you'll know when a shock is totally out on a Lexus. The ride will become quite bumpy and uncomfortable. A leaking shock absorber is a pass and advise on an MOT as well as long as its still working :)

Thanks for that it was at MOT i was told that my rear passenger side shock was leaking.. the ride is fine at the moment the car springs back nicley... but my discs defo need changing.. so looks like i will go for the MTEC then..

RE the shocks are they different on the sport model? can i get lower ones but within a threshold as to not have to tell my insurance company?

thanks