Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2008 Lexus 220D - Check Vsc Error And Lights

Paul-Lexus220D

Good day one and all,

Can anyone help.

My wife drove to work this morning and called half way to say the car had beeped at her and a load of lights had come on.

These were:

Main Warning Triangle light (caused the beep I think)

Engine Warning light on LHS

Slip Indicator Light is on continuously

In addition the centre display shows "Check VCS"

Initially when my wife drove off the car had gone into limp mode offering limited acceleration and a max speed approx 30 mph.

After getting her to work in the other car I drove the lexus to a local garage to check for error codes - the limp mode was gone.

Garage could not get any error codes and said I needed to take it to Lexus/Toyota Main Dealer.

Does anyone know what this fault might be and rough guide to costs...It was fine yesterday!

Thanks

Thanks Guys,

Took it to a local garage for diagnostics. Plugged, said 42 codes on it...could not read them though (needed to go to Lexus maindealer!)

Tried resetting the ECU by pulling the fuses out as suggested in another post.

Lights all went out, looked good! 4 miles up the road, lights on, limp mode back. Bugger!

Switched off, limp mode off. But came back even quicker than before. Switched off, limp off, back quicker again...seems to be getting worse!!!

Having read through the suggested post given above, I will try the EGR valve clean first.

Will have to wait for the weekend though.

will update after EGR clean.

fingers crossed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links