Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yellow Is200 Sport

i personally like the yellow

as for getting sick of the colour, depends how long you intend keeping it

look back at past colours on various cars and its surprising they ever sold one

but at the time they were popular

has lexus got any of these left ??

I was thinking of getting one of those yellow IS 200 sports,

they look so cool at first but I'm a bit scared I get sick of the yellow after a while! Any help lads?? :blush:

IMHO, the yellow is 'trying too hard'... not in the Lexus style. I imagine depreciation will be higher than average for the equivalent car in the standard colours.

Your call...

Nige

We had this in our showroom for only a couple of weeks before it was sold

P1010012.sized.jpg

P1010017_001.sized.jpg

People used say that the red didn't suit the car, but it grew on me and looks the dog goolies when clean, I think Bazza would vouch for that as well.

I really like the yellow because it's so difference. I did like the red, but they're common now :whistling:

As for the depreciation...who knows. :blink: I would imagine that it won't be any greater as the yellow colour is so rare.

Colour is very subjective isn't it.

I guess you could just say 'I like it so I'm going to have it'.

Problem is thats fine if things like depreciation don't matter.

In all honesty MOST people wouldn't consider an IS in yellow - I'm currently looking so in quite a good position to judge. We (potential buyers) are trying to buy into a quality brand with a bit of a sporty edge, luxurious but not flash - to me thats the IS.

Now don't wish to offend anyone :flowers: 'cus obvioulsy people out there will have these colours but IMHO:

plat ice nice but lots about - choice of the company car driver

blue - always looks clean, easy to sell on

red - for the brave, only looks good when spotless and gleaming - best colour for de badge

white - fine for the police but not for me thanks

green - classy, great with Oakham - understated

black - ah black, the colour for the IS - shows off the alloys well, suits the flared arches - all in all the best

Of course when all is said and done - if you like it then it's good !

Lexus Ipswich have one sat in the Showroom.

It's got the TTE front bumper and 18" alloys, but does it have the sports lowered suspension? The price next to it was around £21K

lexus were selling these about three months ago

but were not letting them out the showrooms till a certain day

and were limited to one for each dealership

I suppose the resale will be less, as the yellow is an aquired taste, and there will not be so many people in the market for a second hand yellow car.

Lexus Hull still have one in their showroom if you are interested, with SatNav.

01482 333222

plat ice nice but lots about - choice of the company car driver

blue - always looks clean, easy to sell on

red - for the brave, only looks good when spotless and gleaming - best colour for de badge

white - fine for the police but not for me thanks

green - classy, great with Oakham - understated

black - ah black, the colour for the IS - shows off the alloys well, suits the flared arches - all in all the best

Of course when all is said and done - if you like it then it's good !

red does look clean even when its dirty :yawn:

and i have never seen one de badged (well not for more than a few minutes) :blush:

the yellow one at jae did look good

even better when de badged B)

has lexus got any of these left ??

As of a week ago, Lexus Brighton still had theirs, so probably still available :)

As for what the colour indicates.... platinum ice = I wanted blue, but I'm lazy & didn't want to have to clean it every other day :lol::whistling:

I was talking to the Lexus guys at JAE on the depreciation of colours such as red, gold, green and yellow - there's about a £500 difference between them and the other colours when it comes to sell them on.

I'm still undecided about the yellow, but the one at JAE looked good (check out the gallery there's bound to be a photo). In my humble opinion they look better with all round tints and the black badges.

well I am biased but I like the silver. So easy to keep clean as doesn't show the dirt.

Yep its an easy option in terms of resale value but I didn't want a colour that would fall through the floor (not that they do!).

I like the yellow personaly. Dunno about driving it about every day but then thats why they kitted it! And that I do like. :shifty:

BAZZA - where near croydon? Some weekends I am Beckenham and Sutton way - would love to hear/see the supercharger sometime!?

Yellow is also available by importing - http://www.trade-sales.co.uk in Slough used to have some yellow ones.

Without Prejudice

Don't trust Trade Sales with a barge pole. I would never, ever buy a car from there. Someone I know bought an Audi, they hadn't done the PDI check, there was no oil, water etc. When the owner encountered problems they were told not Trade Sales problem - take it to Audi. Also the windscreen wasn't laminated due to different standards.

I was thinking of getting one of those yellow IS 200 sports,

they look so cool at first but I'm a bit scared I get sick of the yellow after a while! Any help lads?? :blush:

Personal decision. We were considering silver at the time of purchase when the yellow come out. Yellow we went!

Under the skin, it's a Lexus.... :P

Only 100 in Australia.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links