Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250C Spare Wheel- Does It Exist?

HASSELBLAD

I have an IS250C and it is fitted with a pump/sealant for repairable punctures.

Is a Spacesaver available? If it is, do I also need a new boot floor cover?

There is a properly shaped boot well for a wheel but with the roof down, there is very little clearance.

Local Lexus dealership is 'all at sea' on this one! Claims there is no easy answer and is referring to Japan.

• 5 months later...

I have an IS250C and it is fitted with a pump/sealant for repairable punctures.

Is a Spacesaver available? If it is, do I also need a new boot floor cover?

There is a properly shaped boot well for a wheel but with the roof down, there is very little clearance.

Local Lexus dealership is 'all at sea' on this one! Claims there is no easy answer and is referring to Japan.

Well, I have mine now.

A genuine Lexus supplied wheel and tyre fully fitted into the well and covered with a polished aluminium fully customised boot floor plate (even has an IS250C logo ) and the whole lot overlaid with a quality fitted carpet, made to my own template.

Really does look the part and true Lexus quality.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi ,Hasselblad I to am interested in any details on this; costing; and a picture if possible , I have tried to carry a wheel ,but as you say if a wheel is put in the well it is above the level of the pull out cover for the roof . This is not practical .We take a full size spare alloy when we go on the continent ,in a zip up nylon cover either on the back seat or behind the passenger seat . This works for us as we are retired and there are only 2 of us so we have plenty of space ,but it would not work for most people and a spare 18inch alloy is heavy to move around .This car is brilliant but I feel Lexus have missed a trick with the boot/roof folding arrangement and I feel the wheel well could have been made 1 1/2 ins deeper and solved this problem ,as it is this well is a waste of space

Dave

• 4 months later...
On 17 April 2013 at 9:13 PM, HASSELBLAD said:

Well, I have mine now.

A genuine Lexus supplied wheel and tyre fully fitted into the well and covered with a polished aluminium fully customised boot floor plate (even has an IS250C logo ) and the whole lot overlaid with a quality fitted carpet, made to my own template.

Really does look the part and true Lexus quality.

Hi HASSELBLAD I know this is an old topic but would love to know where you purchased all this from and some pictures would be great.

I guess the space saver wheel would be same as any IS250/220d, so say £10 from breakers (It is like £80 for new from Lexus). The whole customised boot floor thing I guess was custom made to order or extra orbital amount.

Yes Linas i just found that he had answered these questions on his profile page and he did get the aluminium cover made and then sourced a quality carpet to cover.He did then get the space saver from Lexus.