Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is220 Head Gasket Problems

Gene d

To anybody out there thinking of buying a used Lexus is220d I would strongly advise against it. Lexus have admitted that there is a fault with the head gasket and have extended their warranty to 110000 miles. Full credit to Lexus for doing this and all well and good if you are within this mile range before your fault happens but if you are a little over the cut off, forget about having it covered under warranty. Despite it being a known fault, I approached Lexus of Newcastle with my car having done 113000 miles. Despite being a little over the mileage cut off I had no come back. I was given an estimate of £3,500 to have the issue repaired that I would have to pay. I thought that surely since it is a well known fault, it would have been covered.

Moral of the story - don't buy a second hand Lexus is220d

ooops to late

but mine is an 07 on 65000 miles ... nearly had 2 weeks now

read load of reviews before buying and not one said about this issue and being a Lexus I thought ...hmmm should be bullet proof as I've always been told they are great cars n never go wrong :s

oh well ... looking at used car warranties but hard to decide which one is worth the paper it's written on

@gene d

Lexus Uk is your next stop, on the basis the dealer is not prepared to fight your case.

Is your service history patchy or mainly non-lexus, as I visited Lexus Sheffield to discuss recall work and they said that Lexus will not do the work at their expense if the service history isn't good. I would think they would play ball if it had full Lexus history, on the basis it is a smidgen past the the mileage figure and is a known problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links