Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bg244 & Ar6200

gavstrabane

Last year I had a complete nightmare with the car. The check VSC, loss of power, problems with lexus who tried to charge me a fortune etc etc etc. So I took the bull by the horns and done some research. I stumbled across the use of BG244 annually along with AR6200 with each fill up of diesel Well a year on (with zero problems) the car was in for service and I instructed the mechanic to clean EGR and the exhaust manifold (as instructed by a lexus tecnician). He reported back to me that the EGR had only a little carbon and the manifold didnt even need touched! Now I hope this post doesn't result in sod's law and the car goes on the blink again but I thought I should share this to help others prevent the nightmare scenario. Also since starting these fuel treatments I notice a difference in power, quieter engine though my mpg is still pretty low at approx 32 mpg.

Well thats good to hear.

I found the same when I started using BG244 and AR6200.

I was not doing big mileages so opted to do the BG244 every 8000 miles.

Found the car went so much better with its use and, like you, I found it 'sounded so much better too.

I have recently embarked upon the 'fuel treatment' for my IS250. I have decided to go with an initial treatment of 450mm of AR6400 to a full tank and, when this has been used up I will then move on to the addition of AR6200 at the appropriate proportions per litre of petrol at each fill-up.

You may have seen my thread 'Problems headed off at the pass' where you will have seen that I used the Bardahl Oils EGR Cleaning Kit followed by regular use of their B10 fuel additive at each top-up. This gave me fantastic results in every way on my previous 220d.

very good to know

are there any alternatives ... wynns products for example ... easier to get hold off and they just bought out a dpf cleaner

Yes there are alternatives but I have seen comments from people that have said that they have used stuff that they find is better than Wynnes. If I can find the comments I will point you in their direction. The Bardahl stuff is very eaasy to get hold of, the guy that sells it is extremely helpful too, he is called Peter Trott and his details are mentioned in a number of posts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links