Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Having been playing with my USB socket in the Arm rest, I have no luck with it playing any music.

If i Burn a .mp3 CD and put it into the head unit it plays fine, track names everything.

If i format a USB stick to fat32 and copy these .mp3 files off the CD to the USB it wont play at all.

The USB stick is found, but it just goes through each track for about half a second without playing anything and moves on to the next track. Its like it cant read them, no track name or anything comes up.

Any ideas??

Thanks

PS. I owned a 220D SEL before, and i can honestly say this model and engine is so much better! Chuffed!!

Its a 8Gb flash drive, I have also tried a 2.5" 160Gb portable hard drive which spins up fine, with no power issues, but has the same problem reading the tracks.

In this day and age i cant believe they have limited it to below 8Gb!!

I use my usb quite regularly.

I just copy the mp3 folder for each artist onto the stick and it works brill every time!

I will check the capacity of it tonight on way home!

6:30pm...... It's a 2Gb memory stick.

Itunes or Nero both work fine.

If you use Itunes you can import the CD as your chosen grade of mp3 and chose your destination folder. Then go and copy/paste the folder from there onto your USB drive. Eeezy peezy...works evey time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links