Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 220 SEL had a night mode option for the navigation/climate/audio display. Is this not available on my 250 Advance or am I just being thick and can't find it?

The normal brightness setting is way too strong from night driving and that can be reduced via the DISPLAY button but I'd prefer a proper night mode ...... if there is one.

On my 2006 SE-L you turn the dash dimmer knob anti clockwise so it clicks just off full rotation and this automatically switches the sat nav to nightr mode, e.g screen goes to black etc. Obviously this dims the rest of the dash lights slightly to.

I refer to the little knob to the right just below your steering wheel.

Hope that helps.

ps-you can just see it in my interior picture below just below the stalk.

Carl

The function is available somewhere on the screen menus but I can't remember where. I had the same problem when I first drove my Advance at night after replacing my 220 SE.

I was driving up the M5 searching through the menus as the thing was so bright it was dazzling.

Edit: Just had a look on the way home and found it. If you press the DISP button next to the screen it will bring up the contrst and brightness adjustments. At the top of the screen there is also a day mode setting, next to the display off. Turn this off ( the yellow bar alonside it will go off) and the display will go into night mode in low light, provided the dimmer is on as noted by Carl911

Cheers Gary & Carl. I guessed it must be something I'd missed. The 220SEL was a used car so someone must have set that up before me and I assumed the Advance would be the same. The day/night option isn't there in the daytime but last night in the pale moonlight I saw it - there it was. All sorted thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links