Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi yes there was a thread on here for Falkens at £50 a pop.

Yes, dont get to excited, that was me and in my elderly stupor that I seem to live in these days I hadn't noticed that it was the wrong tyre size, there were 15s. I use Falkens though and I am very happy as is Lexie with them. No undue tyre noise.

Mike

The only thing with the pressure caps your talking about is that they are easily nicked arn't they? Mike

They can be very easily nicked, but in the years i have had mine they have not been touched (reaching for some wood to touch).

Motorbikers generally don't nick little bits like that, the thieving sort normally take the whole bike.

Not tried them on my car yet as the pressures are different for the bike tyres, although i may invest in a pair to see how they go.

The only thing with the pressure caps your talking about is that they are easily nicked arn't they? Mike

They can be very easily nicked, but in the years i have had mine they have not been touched (reaching for some wood to touch).

Motorbikers generally don't nick little bits like that, the thieving sort normally take the whole bike.

Not tried them on my car yet as the pressures are different for the bike tyres, although i may invest in a pair to see how they go.

Yes I will give them a try lets see who gets theirs nicked first. Mike

Anyone have a definitive answer for a MKiii with DHP wheels (245x50r17) - my recent acquisition came with 4 virtually new Pirelli P-Zeros and I am keen to not to have to replace them too often at £250 a corner !!

I am currently running 35psi all round, which seems to be doing the job, but the previous owner seems to think that they should be lower than that.

Any ideas ?

Anyone have a definitive answer for a MKiii with DHP wheels (245x50r17) - my recent acquisition came with 4 virtually new Pirelli P-Zeros and I am keen to not to have to replace them too often at £250 a corner !!

I am currently running 35psi all round, which seems to be doing the job, but the previous owner seems to think that they should be lower than that.

Any ideas ?

How much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell, A £1K for tyre replacement.

Mike

Any ideas ?

How much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell, A £1K for tyre replacement.

Mike

Yup - http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/pirelli/p-zero-asimmetrico/245/50/R17/Y/99/f?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3fversion%3d2.0%26width%3d245%26profile%3d50%26rim%3d17%26speed%3dAny&tyre=11024926

:whistling:

I've tried for years to find a definitive answer for the P Zero Asimmetrico. It seems 33psi is the most common one so I go for that (although I have gone to 34 on some occasions!). I replaced my four last year so I keep an eye on them on a regular basis!

It also depends on weight in the car and speeds travelled.

I keep mine at 36 rears and 38 fronts.

Yes, and whether you check pressures with hot or cold tyres, and an accurate gauge (so probably not a garage forecourt gauge).