Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Model is a GS300 57 plate with 17 inch wheels. Have Dunlop SP Sport 01 (225/50/17) currently and have some life left in them but considering options. What are the other (if any) OEM recommended tyres for this car?

Also, are any people here running winter tyres? May initially get some winters and swap back with current tyres in the spring. What do people recommend?

Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to buy cheap crap either!

I ended up with a set of Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2, they replace some Dunlop SportmaXX (Very bad wear rate)

Will give some feedback in a week or two.

Paid £140 per tyre and they have great reviews all over.

Interesting I asked Goodyear for operating temps as Im reading up about winter tyres etc etc as the temps here will soon sit around 0-5 deg C for 5 months.

Makes an interesting read.

http://www.btmauk.co...31_May_2011.pdf

Since having the Asymetric 2, loving them really great tyre so far.

Lexus_EX01, are you doing any weirdness with your posts (colour changes etc) as I've noticed I can't read your posts on a mobile device unless I try and reply quoting your post (I can then see what you wrote in the quoted text)?

Lexus_EX01, are you doing any weirdness with your posts (colour changes etc) as I've noticed I can't read your posts on a mobile device unless I try and reply quoting your post (I can then see what you wrote in the quoted text)?

Lol weirdness? Nope just hit reply with Quote and type away.

Have you been on those dodgy lady sites on the internet again? :-)

• 9 months later...

Hi all. Just revisiting this thread as I probably need to replace the tyres in the coming month or two.

Anyone any recommendations or will the Dunlop sport 01 be ideal? I'd prefer a good "all round" tyre (wear/grip/noise/etc.), the current dunlops did well in the snow last year (well, were much better in snow than the S2000 I had before :D)

• 2 weeks later...

I had a set of Yokohama Advan Sports on my last Lexus IS250 and they were fantastic. They seemed brilliant in the wet too, currently running Avon's on my GS300 which are also pretty good in the wet but can cause the car to be tail happy at the back if you plant your foot down to early for a quicker get away at a junction for example. I know at Lexus when I have used both the Dunlops and the bridgestone Potenza's the Dunlops seemed a better all round tyre.

I used Dunlop Wintersport 3D on my 2009 for 3 winters. They were excellent and made sure I could drive normally throughout the worst of the last 3 winters- an absolute revelation.

I have them mounted on immaculate OEM 17" GS alloys and used to swap the summer wheels off in Nov/ Dec.

I also have the original Dunlop SP Sport 2050 tyres that came with the car new, which I took off to mount the winter rubber. No use to me now, as I have a new GS 250 F-Sport with 19" wheels, so I'll be sticking them on e-bay soon, so look out for them if you are still looking.

I know many will call me crazy ...

My CL500 had Dunlop SP Sport tyres ...

nice ones but noisy I found.

Great value for money and great performance tyres also ulta quiet are the Kuhmo's I had them on my Mercedes and Also on my Lexus IS300 and they never let me down with loads of grip too.

Then Avon's used to have the ZZ3 and they did stick on the wet road like nothing else.

I know many will call me crazy ...

My CL500 had Dunlop SP Sport tyres ...

nice ones but noisy I found.

Great value for money and great performance tyres also ulta quiet are the Kuhmo's I had them on my Mercedes and Also on my Lexus IS300 and they never let me down with loads of grip too.

Then Avon's used to have the ZZ3 and they did stick on the wet road like nothing else.

Avon ZZ3 were nowhere near as good as Avon ZZ5 which replace the ZZ3.
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links