Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Coolant 220D

shuaibakhtar

Hi there, so i just went and brought myself a Lexus IS220d a few days ago, with 91K on the clock and 2007 reg, my engine coolant seems to be losing water and is also at a very high pressure, even after the car has been parked for 2 days and not driven the coolant still gashes out when i try to open the cap, is this normal? Ive been told by a few people that it could be a possible headgasket, which im very afraid of as they are extremely expensive to get fixed! :(

I was hoping some of you guys would be able to give me some advice, or might even know what the problem might be

Please read other posts relating to head gasket and new engine. Take your car to a Lexus dealer and provided you have some Lexus service history, your engine will be replaced as your car is still under 7 years old and has done less than 110k. I had it done at Lexus Bracknel, but they closed and moved to Reading. The service manager is Mark, and he knows how to deal with this problem.

• 1 year later...

Please read other posts relating to head gasket and new engine. Take your car to a Lexus dealer and provided you have some Lexus service history, your engine will be replaced as your car is still under 7 years old and has done less than 110k. I had it done at Lexus Bracknel, but they closed and moved to Reading. The service manager is Mark, and he knows how to deal with this problem.

Hi Prash, I have a '08 with 85k mileage but no history at all when I got the vehicle 5months ago !! Do you kniw if I'm still qualified in that 7yrs or 110k bracket?Cheers