Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Types Of Supercharger Question?

I have a question for all you forced induction guys n girls out there......

We all know there are 3 types of supercharger ie.the roots supercharger....the screw supercharger & the centrifugal one. Now why do you all use the screw type when the centrifugal type is more efficient. Is it a fitment thing or what????, some one please give me the reason as I have a centrifugal one that i was thinking of using but dont know why none of you have fitted one. Also is a new ecu needed to run one of will the existing unit work as in allow more fuel because of the more air it is getting..???

Mark

The Eaton screw type is the one used in the TTE kit, it is quiet, it does it's job very well and proved itself to have bullet proof reliability.

I know little about the Rotrex Centrifugal Supercharger apart from one member who had problems overcoming the excessive noise that it produced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

HI, new member, i am starting from scratch, looking for a supercharger for my is200 sport, ibelieve a piggy back ecu is used?

ive been reading about the eaton m62 supercharger, but cant find many in the uk and the nose needs changing?