Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/300 Sport Lsd

noby76

Yh that's what I thought too , I guess I need to try go do a burn out then lol, oop forgot is300 only come in auto!

Not true ... lol

SportCross IS300 come only in Auto

Saloon IS300 come in Auto or Manual (5sp) versions

I have also read that, which makes sense on why if you spin the wheels on the air they go all over the place... lol

The rear wheels while on the air will not spin in the same direction if it the LSD Diff is open.

It is not possible for it to spin in the same direction if it is open because there is nothing to lock it into place.

And that from an article :)

The Torsen differential* is a purely mechanical device; it has no electronics, clutches or viscous fluids.

­The Torsen (from Torque Sensing) works as an open differential when the amount of torque going to each wheel is equal. As soon as one wheel starts to lose traction, the difference in torque causes the gears in the Torsen differential to bind together. The design of the gears in the differential determines the torque bias ratio. For instance, if a particular Torsen differential is designed with a 5:1 bias ratio, it is capable of applying up to five times more torque to the wheel that has good traction.

These devices are often used in high-performance all-wheel-drive vehicles. Like the viscous coupling, they are often used to transfer power between the front and rear wheels. In this application, the Torsen is superior to the viscous coupling because it transfers torque to the stable wheels before the actual slipping occurs.

However, if one set of wheels loses traction completely, the Torsen differential will be unable to supply any torque to the other set of wheels. The bias ratio determines how much torque can be transferred, and five times zero is zero.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yh that's what I thought too , I guess I need to try go do a burn out then lol, oop forgot is300 only come in auto!

Not true ... lol

SportCross IS300 come only in Auto

Saloon IS300 come in Auto or Manual (5sp) versions

The 5-spd manual IS300 was never offered in the UK though, either in sedan or estate form. It was, however, available in the USA (go figure!)

mine says B04B aswell so am guessing pretty much all sport models in UK had it was this the case for IS250/ IS220d's or did they not get the special treatment from Lexus??

mine says B04B aswell so am guessing pretty much all sport models in UK had it was this the case for IS250/ IS220d's or did they not get the special treatment from Lexus??

John IS300 never had Sport as trim...

Only a USA edition and it was call Sport Design ... never in UK though.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=3533

John IS300 never had Sport as trim...

fact that BMW does not label a 330i and fact that Audi does not label the 3.0 Quattro A4 a Sport doesnt not mean they are not sport sedans make no mistake those cars can handle , accelerate, corner and stop just like any labelled sports car and IS300 is in the same league aswell. can you name me an option or spec which IS200 sport has which IS300 doesnt?? some manufactures just dont bother labeling some sport sedans a sport on paper but take one round a corner and you know its got sport written all over it

Yours isn't a Sport model

John we are talking about trim options. If you want to name a car sporty this is your right and I have no problem with that :)

But it is not a manufacturer trim for this model in this region.

Audi has sport trims as well as S-Line trims and BMW as well... as Mercedes as well depends on their marketing department and extras they want to fit on.

However Lexus never produced a sport trim in UK for the IS300 to my knowledge

However Lexus never produced a sport trim in UK for the IS300 to my knowledge

No, they didn't. The only two variations of IS300 (saloons) were the IS300 and the IS300 LE (Limited Edition). To be fair, I don't actually know what the LE got over the standard model (you could call the IS300 the "base" model in that respect), or maybe it was to just jazz up the name a little before the new model was launched.

There was of course the IS300 Sport Cross, but that was an estate, not a saloon (sedan if we're using American terminology - lord knows why we would be, mind)

ok what would a sport model have and i mean any manufacturers sport model not just Lexus that is not in the IS300??

Hypothetically speaking, it might have been lowered, different engine tuning, firmer suspension, different alloys to differentiate from the other models ... etc.

And it would have to be a model made in mass production so to have concinstency of the spec of that named trim not a one or two examples made from dealers.

The name "Sport", quite simply

there you go like i said the name "Sport" doesnt mean anything other than a selling point.

Vehicle stability control

Antilock brake system

low profile tyres

electronic brake force distribution

larger calipers

larger brake discs

double whishbone sport suspension front and rear

limited slip diff

lower suspension setup

larger brake master cylinder

all these are ingredients which makes a sport sedan and as you are aware IS300 packs all that including one of the best straight 6 cylinders produced to date..

No, all those ingredients, as you put them, are standard equipment on the IS300. Which doesn't mean it's an IS300 Sport. It's not - in fact it's a base model. Other than the Sport Cross estate, there were only two IS300's offered here in the UK; the IS300 and the IS300 LE, so with the LE being the higher model, that means the IS300 was the base model.

Either way, you don't have an IS300 Sport, because there is no such thing. Just because you want to name it so, doesn't mean it is so. I could insist on naming you Gary, but that doesn't mean it's your name, does it Gary?

Let me think if you buy a fiat Panda 1.2 with a Fiat Panda 1.4 will have the majority of this list to diffentiate them.

However if Fiat does not call it Sport and call it Dynamic ... as they usually do or Abarth!

It will not be called officially Sport.

It will be the description that some will use to describe it, sport and sporty is a broad description

No, all those ingredients, as you put them, are standard equipment on the IS300. Which doesn't mean it's an IS300 Sport. It's not - in fact it's a base model. Other than the Sport Cross estate, there were only two IS300's offered here in the UK; the IS300 and the IS300 LE, so with the LE being the higher model, that means the IS300 was the base model.

Either way, you don't have an IS300 Sport, because there is no such thing. Just because you want to name it so, doesn't mean it is so. I could insist on naming you Gary, but that doesn't mean it's your name, does it Gary?

as my previous question name me an option or spec which IS200 sport has which IS300 doesnt?? and likewise what would a Sport 330i BMW or S Line Audi have which the IS300 doesnt??

dont say suspension setup because IS300 sits on sport double wish bones. dont say tyres because IS300 sits on low profile sport tyres from factory, dont say power beacuse over 200 horses is enough, dont say chasis because its more rigid than the Toyota Supra.

KentIS300 I am not going by what a car might be labelled on paper I am.only going buy what a car packs to make it into the League of a Sport model and as i confimred IS300 packs all of it so yes its not labelled by Lexus as IS300 Sport but it packs all ingredients of a sport model sold by anyother manufacturer out there to date .

so yes its not labelled by Lexus as IS300 Sport

That's right. And that's why it's not an IS300 Sport. It's an IS300.

Simple

just like how a lambo Gallardo is not labelled Lambo Gallardo Sport on paper doesnt mean its not a sports car ..try racing one off the lights even with a granny behind the wheels :D

what would a Sport 330i BMW have which the IS300 doesnt??

A few things come to mind;

- A manual gearbox option.

- Sports seats.

- Brakes that were of a higher spec than a lesser model. You won't find 320i brakes on a 330i but that's exactly the case on the Lexus.

just like how a lambo Gallardo is not labelled Lambo Gallardo Sport on paper doesnt mean its not a sports car ..try racing one off the lights even with a granny behind the wheels :D

We're not debating if it's a SPORTY car or not, we're debating it's an IS300 Sport. Which is isn't. Because that's not it's name. I don't understand why you can't comprehend this? It's really simple.

There's 5 models of IS200; IS200 S, IS200 SE, IS200 Sport, IS200 LE (might be SE LE, not 100%), and Sport Cross.

There's 3 models of IS300; IS300, IS300 SE and IS300 Sport Cross.

There is no IS300 Sport.

And I wouldn't race a Lamborghini Gallardo off the lights, because I'm not a child.

what would a Sport 330i BMW have which the IS300 doesnt??

A few things come to mind;

- A manual gearbox option.

- Sports seats.

- Brakes that were of a higher spec than a lesser model. You won't find 320i brakes on a 330i but that's exactly the case on the Lexus.

A point worth noting, and something knobby touched on before, is about spec higher than on a lesser model. I would be very interested for Gary to please explain what other IS300 he's comparing the spec of his car to? Because there isn't an IS300 model that's lower than his...

does this make an ISF with an automatic box less of a car compared to an M3 with a manual box?? NO infact the ISF's box will shift up and down faster than the driver in the manual M3 can blink but thats not what we are debating here...

Guys like i said forget what is printed on paper, or type of seats fitted to a car as that wont help you go faster round corners..

does is300 have a sport suspension - Yes

does is3000 have low profile tyres - yes

does IS300 have bigger brakes and calipers - Yes

does is300 have stability control - yes

does IS300 have under body trays for high speed cruising - Yes

does is300 have a rigid chasis - Yes more than the Supra

does is300 have power - Yes

so does all these tick the boxes to be called a Sport model - Yes drop a Turbo in it and it will be an IS300 Super Car. All am saying is Lexus was not bothered about labeeling it a Sport but it certainly is a sport sedan more over the IS model is infact advertised by Lexus as Compact Sport Sedan anyway.